Friday, July 02, 2021

Daily Notes- Friday the 2nd Day of July. Cool, Dark Damp


 Farm dog.  Protective of the Farm Animals and Deadly to those outside the fence.  My new subscription to Gun&Garden magazine.  Just for these illustrations, I think.  I made a farm quilt once.  This makes me want to go find it.

In fact, seeing my cloth work across the street- framed and matted- has gotten me to think--why don't I have any up here in my own house?????  I know I don't have any of the cloth scrap Christmas tree collages I sent as cards back in the day.  But I can make new ones. I have silk, wool and brocade scraps.

We need to turn on the lamps.  It's very dark in the house.  Very dark outside as well.  Wet.  It must have rained.  I didn't hear it.  I stayed up well past my bedtime to finish my book.  Beach Read by Emily Henry. I'd read it once or twice early in the year.  But picked it up on a recent library run to drop off almost overdue books.  It's so lovely to go inside.   My library is getting new carpet.  I was present and working when the carpet being replaced was put down- 20 years ago.  This new carpet is glue free so no toxic odors in the air.  It's got a nice stripe.  And a happy vibe.  I saw the little ones hopping on it.  And the children's room super large paper mâché animals were in odd spots in the adult section.  And I liked that as well.

I've opened windows to make a fresh air exchange in the house.  Husband is taking an after breakfast nap. He can't go outside to nap so the couch will do. My sister in law (one of two that we have) sent me an email with a photo of a recent loaf of sourdough banana bread.  She asked me to write a long reply.  I did.

No comments: