Sunday, July 18, 2021

Daily Notes- Raining. Which is quite alright with me as water supplies and ground water are in danger area right now.


 This is all I picked.  In the "olden days" I picked a colander full.  Even with the shade cloth barricade billowing.  To scare off chipmunks and birds.  I will need to purchase berries if I make the blueberry cake.

I am holding out hope for the Elderberry crop which I can make into jelly.  Which I will eat. I didn't collect the flowers and make fizzy elderberry liquor.  Maybe next year.  Half and half. Fizz and Jelly.

Finished Pamela Mingle's the Pursuit of Mary Bennet.  The middle Bennet sister. She is  portrayed (by Austin herself) as unkept, belligerent and a terrible piano player. In this rendition- the terrible piano playing and rudeness is anger based and also frustration.  She is not beautiful like Lizzie and Jane and not an airhead like Kitty and Lydia.  I felt it stayed true to Austin's Pride and Prejudice. And it was lovely to read after Jane in Love.  Also many mentions of the housekeeper Hill.  Longbourne another book I loved.

Tomorrow I have to register and pay the tag taxes on my car. 8am (so daughter can take the car to work).  I forgot in 2020.  Then---eventually get it inspected.  When you drive a car as little as I have since March of 2020- you forget  you have responsibilities to said car.  And if said car was in the shop for most of the Winter and into February- you forget you even own a car.  And if said car is a 2008 model with 34 K- you actually hardly need to own a car.  But I do.  And I have to take the hit if there are penalties.  

A rainy day.  The grass got mowed with the riding mower.  It's okay.  The walk behind would have been too taxing on a humid day- and all the mosquitos. If there weren't so many bugs I would sprinkle grass seed and straw on the bare spots.  But 2000 bites later I would regret that decision. So. I'll stay inside.

No comments: