Thursday, July 29, 2021

Daily Notes- Humid. Humid. Humid.


 My Kitchen Timer.   I had to pause in writing this post as the first picture I took of my Timer showed all sorts of smudged dirt.  So timer got a wash up.  It now does double duty.  The Peach Trees and then the Not Growing Grass.  So...I guess I am watering straw.

I am here because husband wants me to sew his pant cuffs.  Well, first he asked for staples.  He was stapling his pants hem.  I said STOP.  So now he is removing staples so I can safely sew the cuffs on the machine.  And I am back here with you.  Life is one big merry-go -round.

I filled all the old juice bottles with water and Miracle Grow (blue stuff) and carried them out to the porch. End of July and all the containers need a "boost".  Blue stuff gives them quite a boost.  I'm not sure it's a health boost but they are going to die soon anyway....I sort of allude to this in the classes I teach.  About annual plants.  Live and Die in one short 4 month season.  I think of it as what happens to old people as well.  All sorts of "make them happy" pills.

I can't find anything to watch on television.  Yesterday I was so glad to see PBS had some sort of King Arthur thing with excavations, bones etc.  Ancient Aliens wasn't on.  But excavations was great.  The pottery looked like it might have actually been from a pottery class at a local school.  Fresh terra-cotta.  Anyway-- it was quite welcome.  I'm hoping Aliens will be on tonight.  The Games...not very interesting. And the DNA testing of the Greater British populations to find where their ancestors came from was interesting.  Well, they obviously came by boat.

So, seems the staple removing is done- so......gotta go.

No comments: