Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Daily Notes- July 28th- I think it rained overnight. Humid this morning.


 I saw this image on one of the feeds that arrives -- I think it's for cooking, but usually these days, it's for selling.  And this huge "shoulder bag" is for sale.  I could fill it but not lift it. 

I sprayed my delightful pale pink rose bush with rose spray this morning.  Beetles are eating the leaves.  The rose is taller than ever before.  Making a second showing of rose buds.  The regular peach tree is still holding on to it's peaches.  The smaller Redhaven (with much larger peaches) has dropped all but a few. I continue the daily watering.  Insects seem to be tunneling into the fruit.  I had forgotten but now I think Peach Season is August.  Peach Cobbler and containers of Peaches for the neighbors.

It has rained.  Overnight.  When I went to bed the weather map on my iPhone was all magenta and dark blues.  I didn't hear the rain coming down.  A few puddles in the driveway with tiny birds going in for a bath.  The added moisture is making the air very heavy and....so I will remain indoors- as has been the case for the Summer of 2021 and 2020.  I go out to water or get mail and then- back inside.

My grass growing project shows no evidence of grass seedlings.  (sad face)

I am reading a British author. Katy Birchall and the Secret Bridesmaid.  For Brides who want everyone to think they managed their own weddings- a secret bridesmaid who is actually a wedding planner.  Very old money family.  Bride is not nice.  Her brother is very nice.  So far, the "bride" wants swans to proceed her down the aisle instead of bridesmaids.  This Planner is running several weddings as the nightmare with  all the Bridezilla continues.  Very British.  And the texts she is sending with providers for the other weddings are quite funny.  Especially the imprints for tee shirts for "hen nights". And the groom who wants to ride an elephant to the ceremony.  Why is "more money, less brains" so hilarious for the Brits????

I had just watched the Royal Train on PBS so was enchanted by references to train travel and POSH portapotties. I am often envious of the friends meeting at their local pubs.  But mostly I am envious of having friends that are local.  Mine are spread over the entire surface of the US and a few more in Europe. Right here- in these Notes-  that's as close as we all come to meeting at the local pub.

No comments: