Saturday, March 13, 2021

Daily Wanderings- Saturday the 13th


 The Avocado.  Growing.  But not from the floor- still on the kitchen counter next to the sink.  You can see the orchid table in front of the windows further back.  Can see that the Sun is shining. Yesterday almost 60 degrees but we still have snow cover on the ground (which is visible).  Not as much.  This morning ice at the bottom of the driveway. My windows aren't actually "legal" (building codes) as they start just above the old radiators (8 to10 inches from floor and go way way up. It's a safety issue- why you can't have them.  Could fall into them and slice yourself up.  Further along the wall- just windows.  I think, in my heart- I would be happy living in a glass house.  Inside but outside.

Thank you to Anon... for letting me know another book is on the way this year.  I waited on the reserve list for so so long to read the newest book- yes Paris.  I long to find out the secret behind the tiny painting on the wall in Stephen's room.   I am reading the Great Reckoning now with the old map.  

We were notified of the new location for our second COVID vaccine next Saturday.  The hospital lobby wasn't a good fit (understatement) now I think an underused old shopping Mall. Excellent communication via email. At the end of April, every adult over 50 is able to get vaccine here in Maine.

When I went to pick up husband's books at Curbside-  they had three carts of music cd's out on the sidewalk.  A teen asked if they could be taken- and I said yes...... Later I hoped the men in the Alcohol Rehab/House just 50 feet away would stop by to choose some music.  I chose a handful of Russian symphonies conducted by Leonard Bernstein. I like operatic music. I did find one Rolling Stones. For my husband.

My desk calendar is looking very different these last few days. I started collaging magazine images to the squares and yesterday added Neocolor wax pastels to the surfaces.  Sort of like the collages made that Winter-- awhile ago with daily prompts. A bit "dark" for a few days but now things are getting lighter and more Spring-ish in color images .  The computer is learning new words as well.  The new words are  underlined in red (by the  computer- asking me- are these correct???). 

I may have been typing too fast.  The computer is having some difficulty this morning.  The scary spinning ball.  I remember it from the beginning of using this computer when it was new and our server was not up to the task.  We stared at the spinning ball way more than we did anything else.

No comments: