Monday, March 08, 2021

Daily Notes- Another Monday


 A scarf.  I don't wear it- at all these days.  And I was seeing it -now-- as CLOTH I could cut and appliqué to surfaces.  The small dots.  The sketch like flowers.  The blacks.    Excitement.   Found it in closet where my seeds spend the Winter.  I did not plant seeds. T he scarf is very  thin. I was attracted to the "look" not the usefulness whenever I purchased it.

My car would not start this morning.  I haven't been driving anywhere but the grocery once a week.  Not enough to keep the battery going.  And on snowy Monday's I get husband to drive me in the Jeep.

So...we had to go in his car.  And somewhere after buying soap (bars of soap) I lost my shopping list. Someone is finding it on the grocery store floor and perhaps thinking they might want to buy some items. I did remember bottles of Minute Maid Lemonade, yogurt, orange juice, lactose free milk, deli cheese and meat and I purchased a container in the hot deli section of baked chicken breasts.  

When I returned home I picked the meat off the baked chicken bones and shredded it and mixed with a generous squeeze of honey and an even more generous squeeze of mayo.  Mixed and tasted (swoon) and set it into fridge to chill.  Deli had a trainee so I didn't get any tubs of chopped vegetable salad.  I did get lettuce.  For a mixed greens salad to eat with the chicken.  With olive oil and vinegar on the salad greens.

I have to add my next haircut to the desk calendar and my eye doctor appointment time.  I drew a large eye on the 15th.

I got husband a carrot cake (3 servings), chocolate chip cookies with M&M's, and  Little Debbie Swiss Rolls. He fills a bowl with various desserts and a large coffee every evening at 8 pm. He has doughnut balls left over from last week.  He likes variety.   That's his personality type.

The Penny book I am reading is the ONE I was wanting to be reading.  So...all is right with the World. How The Light Gets In.  Henri the  German Shepherd dog leads Gamache to the house where the old woman who adopted Henri (as a little pup) lived. In Three Pines. And then she died. And Gamache thinks the dog has it right. This house might be "home".  Everything else is........horribly wrong. But it will be okay.  The series is all about murder and evil v. goodness. So bad things have to happen.  In future books- horrible things happen. But this book-  Goodness For the Win.

No comments: