Friday, March 19, 2021

Daily Notes- Sunshine and 40 degrees


 Beets.  From a magazine.  But I do love roasted beets.  And a good olive oil and vinegar dressing. Soon.

Well, I have NO complaints regarding my husband's memory today.  Mine, OMG.

I had two things to do.  Pick up a book at library and drop off a brown paper bag of seeds for a friend.  The seeds were inside a brown paper bag that had held a library book-once. Those of you with quick minds already know the end of this story.

But first of all.  I forgot where Allie lived.  I drove down a street but couldn't remember her house- so I backtracked and did the library first.  Then tried the street again and was reminded of the dozen or so illegals that lived across the street from my friend.  I just headed for the curb filled with cars.  And there was Allie's house.  I stopped, grabbed a library brown paper bag and stepped onto the walk, up the stairs and left the bag on the doorknob.  

Home and into the garage. Picked up up my library bag- SEEDS.  Started the car and back down the drive to the corner down the road to Allie's street and who do I see on the porch holding up a brown paper bag- Allie.  And she said " I thought it was odd you gave me a book".  And I replied "I was  parked in the garage before I realized" and we both  just shook are old white haired heads.

And...well...you can't make this stuff up.   I am making chicken soup again.  We get our second vaccine tomorrow morning and the soup is just in case the vaccine kicks me to the curb this time.  Husband will be able to eat.

Now to read my new book.

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

Oh, good. Vaccine, that is what I wanted to hear