Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Daily Notes- March 16th


 Good Morning.  26 degrees- sunshine and it ISN'T snowing.  The picture up top is from the cupboard door (inside dishes) but (outside) my herb garden list, cranberry bread recipe (I  didn't make it this year) and underneath lists of foods that are good for me to eat.  Whole Foods.  Meaning you eat the entire thing? Nope- meaning that eating a whole food diet is better for you.  Lots of grains, beans, fruits and a wide variety of vegetables (when you can find them at the small local grocery).

When I am undecided as to what I should eat- I look at this list and then look at the pantry and the vegetable basket and see if I have anything I could make and eat.  Right now I am wanting the bacon egg and avocado thing in the picture.  There might also be cheese.  I have everything.

No morning newspaper.  Again.  We called.  Press one etc etc.  But nothing that said- you'll be getting a newspaper.  

 In reply to yesterday's comment---I like living in Maine. I might even say I LOVE living here (but not everyday).  My Town has the Bowdoin Art Museum (now closed for COVID), The Music Theater in the Summer (now cancelled for a second year) COVID, and Portland has a robust FOODIE VIBE-mostly shut down for COVID.  Right now- it's not much fun here in Maine.   And Smart Wool socks aren't doing it for me anymore.  And it's 26 degrees. Again. 

Visiting with friends- outside- six feet apart wrapped in wool coats, hats and scarves.- 10 to 28 degrees........not fun.   Not my happy place.  

Contrary to others.  Two weeks after my second vaccine this Saturday- I'm not going to be partying with friends and family in doors (no hugs or contact) or shopping in big stores or eating in restaurants. Not. So Not. Doing Any of That.  The Grocery Store is my litmus test.  People are staying far far away from each other on my one visit a week.  Far Away.  We nod but we don't speak.

No comments: