Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Daily Notes- March 3rd

No picture today.  I don't actually have anything to take a picture of right now. My desktop calendar, so far, is snow and wind drawings.  Weather.  In like a Lion.  Pussy willow and one other tree are trying to do Spring flowering.  I need to get out back and give the grape vines a very hard pruning.

I ate food yesterday.  The remaining halves of baked squash with steamed broccoli and a banana.  Husband had a big bowl of homemade chicken soup did his exercises and worked on his coloring.  He is doing floral mandalas. We both had dessert.

I didn't watch television and I didn't read any books.  In the afternoon we drove to the library to pick up the two Louise Penny mysteries I had reserved from far away libraries on interlibrary loan.  The "free" cart had some magazines- the kind I like for paper collage.  And I selected two discarded books from the carts which I may read but not right now.  

Mostly I rested.  It's been a long hard YEAR.  I am tired.  I think we could all admit to being tired.  And total isolation doesn't suit me. I actually miss PEOPLE.  I miss teaching Gardening Classes.  Spring can't  come soon enough.  The daily watering of plants outdoors in Spring and Summer.  I am so looking forward to it.  Hauling the heavy watering cans.  Cutting the grass.

And I realize all my stress and anxiety centers on the TAXES.  So, following the good advice of my walking buddy- I am calling to make an appointment and have someone else do them.  The solution was there all along.  Let them go............. It's a task I have always, always HATED.  No sense letting it give me nightmares.

The Sun is finally shining- only 20 degrees outdoors.  Big coat, gloves and hat to go out for the newspaper.  The potted plants on the indoor porch are setting Spring leaves and one is going to flower in a week or so. The Orchids on the table in front of the window are in bud and one is flowering.  A nice day.


2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Grand you tackled and brought down the head troublemaker first. I may take a shot at doing my own this year.

deemallon said...

I am so lucky my husband does the taxes!

I also can’t wait for gardening. Especially since I may not get a vaccine until May. It was 35 when I walked the dog today. Not bad considering but I can’t wait for warmer weather.