Monday, March 22, 2021

Daily Notes- Monday, Monday


 I had a choice of buying beef (for meatballs) or beets.  I chose beets.  Imperfect farm grown beets- Mainers. Local.  I think I am totally OFF buying bloody animal products for my own food..I did buy chicken thighs for husband's soup. That was icky but I did it. I bought beans for my own soup. But I did want meatballs so will look and see how to make them without animal products.  I think I won't find any recipes.   But I like pasta with tomato sauce.  Home grown tomatoes made into sauce.

I'm all better.  The fever etc was gone by 1 or 2 pm yesterday.  Life goes on.  Beatles song..no?

Husband is on the back deck in the sun--sifting millet seeds out of the bird food. I put sun screen on his neck and ears- his Dermatologist will thank me. He went to the dentist today.

Tomorrow I get my eye exam and usually a new glasses prescription. I am thankful my eyes still work. I am thankful most of my stuff still works. Teeth. Heart. Bowels. Lungs (sort of). Knees are iffy.

I was thinking of cloth yesterday.  Where do I  want to go with it.  What do I want to say.  Do I have anything to say?  Even though I am the right age for it...I was never a child of the 60's generation. I think because my father was a policeman.  Sets a sort of standard for what sort of behavior is doable. And I was the first child going forth into the teen age years.  And a girl. And my father's favorite. So my "what if-ing" isn't as "dreamy" as other cloth artist's. 

My younger brother (5 years) was full on- drugs, drink and more drugs. His Life didn't go well.  But I think he might have had lots of fun at the beginning. More than I ever had. The end was bad.

I'm more.....feet on the ground. Keep moving forward. Even if you keep looking back. Wondering..what if? Hoping there is another life after this one. Another chance to make choices. But actually would we? I think not.  Unless we can remember the previous Life's mistakes.


3 comments:

beverly said...

Here is a link to making spaghetti and beetballs. She has lots of good vegetarian recipes.
https://www.feastingathome.com/?s=meatballs

Joanne S said...

hey Beverly-- Went to look and Beet Balls sound like something I will try. But today a sofrito of carrot celery and onion and marinara sauce and a very very tasty pasta dish. Yum.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Your grocery might have Impossible ground beef with the regular ground beef. Plant based but looks pretty much like regular ground beef. I didn't like it for a burger, but I think it might work well as meatballs.