Thursday, March 04, 2021

Daily Notes- March 4th


 While looking for something in the stack of Eco Print fabrics that I have been making over the Years I found a piece of solid black.  Now--that statement in itself could give me pause.  Found.  Piece of Solid Black Cotton.  As, I haven't owned a piece of solid black cotton in years. I know this because I have actually WANTED solid black.  Surprise One for Yesterday

So, I cut a small square off a corner and took it to the sink.  Washed it with Dawn, rinsed and sprinkled with bleach.  Nothing.  Tried again.  Nothing.  Was going to give up.  But then husband said- does bleach go bad?  Does it?

I had another bottle of bleach in the bathroom to use for clothes washing.  Sprinkled and this is what happened.  Walmart Black.  Which when sprinkled with bleach goes to a creamy off white. Strange and wonderful things happen.  I may have over done the bleach in my enthusiasm.  I still have more fabric and I will be more reserved in my sprinkling next time.  But for the time being...... years most likely- I have this.   To add to things. Surprise Two for Yesterday.  

Also- I "handed over" the taxes to my investment banker.  They'll do them.  Incredible. Just really really incredible.  So-- no Turbo Tax purchasing and who cares if the computer refuses to speak the printer?  I can just muddle along over here on this ancient desk top Mac- (younger than my car).  No immediate worries. No printing.  Surprise Three for Yesterday.

Today we are trying to locate the $80 check the snowblower repair guy took (last month) from my hand and laid on the secretary's desk back at the office.  She remembers seeing it.  Doesn't remember crediting our account.  Sent us another bill.  Which I will not pay.   So...she is going to look for the check.

We are having Pizza today.   We were going to have it yesterday...but it just didn't happen.  Things are sort of "fluid" around here in the Winter.  Counting the days until Dairy Queen opens.

3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Have you ever used Soft-Scrub (with bleach)? It's like Elmers Glue thick so you can control it better on the fabric. On wet cloth you get halos! Of course, it takes a little longer, five, ten minutes.

Liz A said...

you can also make a stencil/mask with freezer paper ironed on to the cloth ...

Joanne S said...

Liz and Deb- I purchased Softscrub and now that I know it takes 5 to 10 minutes I will give it another try.
I have done freezer paper to get MOONS........ I so wanted MOONS. I guess I can do that today???