Friday, October 11, 2019

Daily Notes- October Eleven


A Wishing Star from Jude Hill's classes online.  Not sure, yet, what colors of thread to use in the star points.  Jude always uses black and white.  The blues were hand painted years ago.  With watery acrylic craft paint.  Washed.  Soft and faded looking.  The beiges are pieces from the boiling water/steam pot.  Acorns I think.  The lower left tiny square from Deb Lacativa's dye deck.  The pink is commercial.  Store cloth.  Hand sewn while Riley and I watched Law and Order: Criminal Intent.

I find myself passing over the "store cloth" these days.  Unless it's been in the sumac or acorn dye pot.  Aging.  The Sumac is the most dependable.  G has collected more for me.  I have it ready whenever I get around to starting the kettles and the processes.  I think I am waiting for black walnuts. But they might not arrive.  So- Plan B.  The Purple Smoke leaves are getting nice and dark. I like them.  Daughter has promised to collect some of the larger ones if she sees them when doing Fall Cleanup on job sites.  And there are the over ripe grapes to collect.  Make one more set of cloths in degrees of grape-ness.  Use lighter cotton.  From my bolt.  Which is dwindling.

I said I was going to dye cloth a few weeks or months ago.  I never did.

There is a dullness to me.  Deep inside.  A sadness I cannot push through.  Perhaps I am feeling the closeness of my expiration date?  Perhaps I wonder what I accomplished in this Life.  Did I waste it.
I want to "make" but everything I touch goes wrong.  Or...not wrong but not what I thought I was making.  Or perhaps I am not planning well enough.  Making good decisions.  We say that to our children.  Make good decisions.  I am not making good decisions.

G has a raw itchy blotchy rash on his neck this morning.  Didn't have it when he went to sleep last night- he says.  I have sprayed it with anti-itch and given him a Benadryl.

The dog looks forward to his hemp oil treats.  He sleeps. Deeply.  Relaxed.  Asks for them and it's only day three.

I have dirty clothing to wash.  In the breaking down washer that can discharge water all over the floors at any Time.  I could go to the laundromat with my dirty clothing, my quarters and my Wishing Star.  I didn't sleep well.  My feet were very very cold.  I had to get up and put on wool socks.  The house and bedroom were not cold.  I was cold.  Very very cold.

4 comments:

Annie said...

My feet were cold when I went to bed too! I put my heating pad on them for a while.

Hope G doesn't have shingles! Hope the rash is better.

Your little fabric block is pretty.

jbettyb said...

This fabric block is lovely and delicate. The store cloth blends in very nicely. I will be interested to see your colour choice for the stitching.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i think if it were me, having a splotcy husband and an old Riley,
and feet so cold, i'd think it's a perfect time to find some
kind of counselor, therapist, life coach, whichever....someone
to Tell It To on a continuous basis for a while, who would
listen closely and maybe offer some thoughts from a different and
objective Point of View....
You could take your wishing star and stitch while you talked.
It's worth a try and yes, i think it's what i'd do.
We reach certain points in our lives when there is that urge
to ReView comes into play. Not something that is easily done alone.
I wish i had walnuts for you. None forthcoming here.
Big Love to you, dear you....

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Sleeping with warm socks is one of life's comforts. And, what Grace said.