Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Daily Notes- October 29


They have been waiting since 1981 (when they were purchased on a trip to Europe with the 9 and 11 year old children when we thought G would be in Europe for two weeks each month and then home with us for two weeks for years and years.  So we splurged and took the family for a European vacation.  A year later our entire household was on a cargo ship heading for Germany and our new home for the next 6 years.

I think this French Bistro tableware got used a bit.  Not much.  The only things showing any wear from washing are the knives.  The upper compartments hold small forks and tiny spoons.  I gave one to G for his yogurt this morning (he liked it).  The stuff we had been using was transferred to another cupboard and what was in that drawer is now banded, sorted and ready for Goodwill.

There are other pieces I would like.  I used to see them in the Sur la Table (I am spelling this wrong) catalog for years and years.  Now there aren't any catalogs. But it's enough that they will be out and about for meals for the next years.  And I am changing out the china- for the Petite Fleur.  Might as well go full out French.

Riley and I have fallen into a comfortable routine of 4 walks each day.  Out the garage, down the drive, down the street on one side and up the other side, back into the garage.  The I give him food my hand  with pills if it's time for them.  And I found the bottle of pills for his fever bacteria.  In my purse.  He's had two.  I found them when I was paying at TJ Maxx.  Sunday.  He was supposed to get his first dose Saturday evening.  He was a bit shaky the first few times we went out but now he's got "an agenda" of things to sniff so he's walking with more purpose.  He goes right to sleep after.

I took apart a grayish lavender linen shirt from Goodwill.  I needed a thin linen in a grayish tone for one of the random pieces I am sewing together into raggedy rectangles or squares.  They are squares until the are rectangles and then squares again. And then I take them apart.

It's been dark and wet here since Sunday.  Wet. Wet. Wet.  I wish I could send some to California.
I bought an assorted bag of more Halloween candy- but if it continues to rain--I doubt many kids will come to ring the doorbell.  The assorted candy is stuff G and I like to eat.  It's all good.

I baked an apple cake yesterday from a recipe card that describes the cake as an old family favorite. From my family. My childhood. The twins down the street had brought us a gift of apples.  Delicious honey crisps. And when they stopped Riley and I yesterday to show off their six year old soccer skills- they asked about the apples. Did I like them???  And I mentioned the apple cake.  So I think today I will give a few pieces to them.  They were sort of stunned when I said "apple cake" and I have no idea what they pictured in their minds.  An apple shaped cake?

A box from Grace and one sent back to her.  Apples from the twins and apple cake back to them. They also mentioned the grape jelly I sent home with them to be very good.  Lovely manners. Riley is fascinated by them. Each evening he smells all the spots where the twins stood while we chatted that one time.  Each and every spot.  As he sniffs I can see what they were doing and saying in each of the places.  Fascinating.

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

You are very important to those kids