Saturday, October 26, 2019

Daily Notes- October 26


iFlowers.  Drawn and colored during last Monday's Patriots game with the Jets.  I got bored as did anyone watching.  So I started drawing and made a few flowers and added eyeballs and went from there.  I did have to get up and go searching for my colored pencils.  G has a large drawer full of so many sets of different colored pencils.  But I have only the one set of Prismacolors.  Which I love.And after seeing them on Grace's blog, I have a set of pencils like hers.  I have forgotten their name and don't want to go look for it right now.

Riley is still refusing to eat.  He has done this time and again over his 12.6 years with us.  He will eventually eat- or he will be enchanted by some stinky thing we offer him (or finds in the grass) and resume eating. I took him out last night for a pee walk.  We went out to the street and walked a few feet along the road.  He peed and then he turned himself back toward home.  Slow walking but walking.  He did eat quite a bit of food the two days before the fever.  I am more disturbed by his not drinking water.  He did drink out of a bowl filled with rainwater by the garage at some point.

He will either get hungry and eat or he won't and......... He slept almost all day yesterday.

I took a long hot shower this morning and put on fresh clothing.  I had been in dog care mode too long and needed some "self care" and more so, I need to be having regular meals at lunch and dinner. I had neither yesterday.  I have the dog to worry over and the husband who is suffering from some sort of back issue and keeps saying "I can't walk" but he walks over to tell me this.  I feel like screaming.

I have a black walnut cut open and soaking in hot water (in an old clean salsa jar) with a cloth wrapped around a rusty tin can.  I even added string.  Wrapping it in and around the can holding the cloth tight to the can's surface.  I'll see how things progress.  I have to look things up in my notebooks and the internet.  Now that I have walnuts I can go forward with my plan to make walnut ink.  I am wondering if the hulls- removed from the central nut--can be frozen.  They would certainly turn to a mush when thawed but that isn't a bad thing. Has anyone tried this?  I remember there is something about a reaction (a good thing) between a certain kind of pot and the walnuts.

My horoscope suggests I return to old pleasures.  Things that made me very happy in the past.  Perhaps Goodwill tomorrow?  For an old crock pot to cook my walnuts in.

G asked if I had left him a round white pill last night?  (He had taken it).  One of the dog's tranquilizers. I had NOT.          You just can't make this stuff up.  He said he slept really well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing about your husband taking the dog's tranquilizer even though it's not really funny. I'm glad he came to no harm but really, who takes a pill without knowing what it is? Does Riley have any pain medication? Maybe it would help your husband's back.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i put a comment on the wrong post.
Gives you an idea about where mind mind is ( is not ) this morning, oh well

MariMo said...

"Anonymous" comments - hilarious :-)