Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Daily Notes- October 2nd


Rain again.  Not complaining since the last part of August into September was very dry here.  And it's nice to have some water going to the roots of perennial plants and trees before it gets really cold. Pictures taken with house lights on but still very dark in here.

I walked around Town yesterday- too much-- and my hip is letting me know.  After all that Town walking I went on the daily walk with the man and the dog.  That was a mistake.  No cleaning got done yesterday. I just sat and rested the hip.

Today I started as I should have yesterday- stripping beds and washing sheets.  Our son will sleep "family style" this visit.  Bottom sheet and duvet.  And a down comforter.  He complained of being cold last visit.  Has complained of being cold the last TWO visits in October.  I will go up into the Big Attic to find him a fleece jacket to wear.  In the house.  I'm on the third load of bedding.

I also had to move all my unfinished cloth works off the guest room king bed and find new storage for them.  I was happy that I had done that major job of reorganizing the closet in the sewing room.  I now have shelving to accommodate the stuff coming off the guest bed.  And a good chance of finding things after the visit. Always a concern.

G says he will vacuum.  He is not a good vacuumer as he never goes under things.  Just the middle of the room. But I can go over it all again tomorrow when he and Riley walk.  Or I can do it when he goes to the airport to pick up our son.

I picked a bowl of grapes and made juice-- not for jelly.  The cheesecloth I strained the pulp with came out a lovely silvery blue (after washing and drying) when I was making jelly.  So I now have the back section of a one dollar white linen blouse in a bowl with the very hot juice.  Hopefully turning a lovely silvery blue.  I am happier with this than I would have been making jelly.  I made sure there were lots of crumples so I get some dark lines.  And once it was completely wet-- I put a lid on it and walked away.  Just hot boiled grape juice.  Fingers crossed it works out.  I don't see the slivery cheesecloth being usable in patchwork.  If you think of a way-- let me know.

I have collected avocado pits to use to dye some other bits of cloth.  My daughter is trying to get me the large smoke bush leaves that printed so nicely last Fall with some iron water.  And I read that peach leaves make good prints.  We'll see.  Now to fold stuff in the dryer and put the washed stuff in the dryer and then find more things to wash.

No comments: