Saturday, October 12, 2019

Daily Notes- October 12th


The first point I stitched-well, I said to myself- this takes too much Time.  But I managed to get the other's done while watching Diners and Drives.  It needs a good steam and press. I didn't want to do Jude's black and white on this one.  So I chose blue and pink.  A sweet wishing star.  The blue was all one color but the pink was variegated in shades from light to dark.  Hard to see. At the end I misplaced the needle three times and decided to stop.

I had a class to teach at the greenhouse and went to bed early and got up early.  Talked for 2 plus hours on Pruning and then answered questions.  Knee felt okay.  I had injured it while pulling up a huge mullein plant  (taller than me) with lots of seed heads I did not want growing.  So I pulled, and got most of the roots loose and then one more massive pull and the root came loose and I flew backwards and landed- of course--on the bad right hip and also must have twisted the knee.  I rested it and rubbed Arnica into the knee and hoped for the best overnight.

But the mullein is SO NOT going to dispense weed seeds.

On yesterday's daily walk in the woods with the dog, I collected seed pods for the milkweed.  The swamp variety the Monarch's like.  I took it home and let the seeds float like little fireflies over the low bush blueberry plants that are like a ground cover between the mowed grass and the the dark woods of the white pine trees. Stopping and getting caught and hopefully growing. The Winter snows will press the seeds to the Earth.

I got home too late for today's daily walk.  Riley is spread out like melting dog on the bed next to my right shoulder.  Sound asleep.  He likes that.  Sleeping while I type. He ate just a bit of his breakfast. But wanted his hemp treats.  He knows I love him more than anything in the World. Perhaps the wishing star is for him. Yes.

G is coloring in his books.  With every set of pencils spread out on the table.  Like a dozen sets of pencils.  He also has a book to read.  I have a book to read.  I also have the Wishing Star to finish. It's a rainy day so I don't know if the full moon will be visible tonight here in Maine.  For my Tarot cards.

I saw a very beautiful deck of Tarot cards in the local independent book store.  Expensive.  But I liked them. I think I will return and buy them.  The woman on the first card was dressed in a deep saturated red.

3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

what was the name of the Tarot?

Anonymous said...

I have always liked mullein. It grows wild here and my grandmother used it as an herbal remedy. I let it be.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yes! You should definitely buy those cards for yourself!