Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Daily Notes- October 9


I had hoped to give you a look at something I was embroidering yesterday but I took a pieced cloth and made a huge mess of it.  Now I wonder if its worth removing all the stitches or should I just let it go?  I wanted some hand work but then got carried away-- not asking-- does it need this?  It didn't.

My blood work came back with lipids very high and my doctor wants me to take Lipitor but I am really against taking any medications other than my asthma meds.  Anyone out there using Lipitor?  I have a friend down the street that had some sort of "heart thing" that was never replicated or defined by medical staff.  She always looks terribly distressed when saying she takes a statin.  She says "once you start, they never let you stop".  It's the "cover my ass" thinking of doctors.  Please share your experiences.

Riley's pill dispenser really puts me over the edge these days.  So many pills four times a day.

But I will try for a better daily diet.  More salad, more avocados, sugar free jello for sweet and more beans and brown rice.  Maybe even a can of tuna with the salad.  And the required 30 minute daily walk.  My doctor insists.

Well, we are taking Riley for his follow up Vet visit today, new blood work and perhaps other things. And then, since the dog is in the car, we will drop off my lesson materials at the greenhouse and check to see if they have any empty boxes.  Then the grocery store for salad greens and brown rice.
And bananas????

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

FYI - I have been taking a low dose statin for years. I have the gene that makes your body make cholesterol despite what diet you have. I was a vegetarian for a year and it made no difference. I think it has saved my life. I will be 81 on Saturday.