Thursday, October 24, 2019

Daily Notes- October 24th


He's not eating and is refusing his pill pockets with his pills.  Yesterday he ate three times and pulled out all his toys and was throwing them around and chasing them.  Today- this morning- shaky on his legs and quiet.  But G is not feeling well.  His back hurts so perhaps the dog is empathizing.

Sunshine today.  After the big rain yesterday (overnight) that partially filled the low spots in the woods with water.  Perhaps now the deer will come and eat the abundant acorns?

I finished the Kinsella book.  It wasn't very good.  Her name was Fixie because she fixed things but in the plot she didn't fix anything.  She was an observer of all that was going wrong.  But did nothing.

I have two new books.  I returned two and chose two from the new book shelves and I offered to shelve a handful of books for the volunteer.  I used to do that as work.  Wondering now if I should volunteer and do shelving.  Not that it would be social experience.  It would be solitary.  I think I need something where I can speak and listen.

I need to drag out the central vac with that horrible hose.  Which kinks.  And usually causes me to swear.  My fall back position. Swearing. But the edges and corners are getting dust  bunnies.

Yesterday, while watching a Lifetime Christmas Movie about two florists (very little plot) I stitched X's on a cloth I had hand sewn and then dunked into the grape juice to stain and color everything more uniformly.  The X's were like marking on a calendar.  I thought the piece could be How Many Times Have I....  And someone who owned the cloth could fill in.  Failed to appreciate a person.  Spoken before considering my words.  Etc.  A cloth of regrets.

The next Christmas Movie on Lifetime had a bride waiting at the church for her groom and the friends had to stop at the grocery store to get flowers for a bouquet and buy a cake.  They rang the groom on his phone and the ringtone sounded from a closet at the church and the bridesmaid and groom came out of the closet and the groom was zipping his pants.  See.....a raunchy Hallmark.

The movie before the Florist Duel was about dead people at Christmas--again. Most times I tune in- it's dead people.  At Christmas.  So the Florist one was a lovely change of pace.

There were paintings at the library.  The last one by the exit was $395 and was a very detailed, lovely watercolor of a cabbage with the light shining behind the leaves.  Framed and matted and just the nicest thing I've seen in a long time.  I got very close and looked at the botanical details of the mottled leaves.  The painter is very very good.

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

Maybe all that new food yesterday and lack of walk has put his digestive system off?