Sunday, October 20, 2019

Daily Notes- October 20


Scenes From A House.  I was standing with Riley by the front door- a neighbor had come by to return some bowls I had provided for the grape picking grandchildren (the neighbor's) and when Riley and I turned to go back inside- this is what I saw.  It looked nice.  So, I took a picture for you.  The small black carpet is to help Riley transfer to the larger rug and not slip on the wood floor.  The wall of windows (where a large dark brick wall of fireplace once was) faces the backyard and the lawn and garden.  The chair on the right- is mine.  Where I sit to eat, read the newspapers and pay the bills. It is also where I was sitting when I was doing the little watercolor exercises.  Where I will be doing that again..soon. Because in Winter we are mostly inside.

The furnace is running today.  Just to keep us at 64 degrees in the house. The sun is shining but it's a cold sun.  I have something  (well, the ingredients for it)  for a warm supper tonight.  G has made his way thru all his food and I ate the last of mine last night..  So time to cook. What I will make is something we both like to eat. And I want to bake my Vegan Orange Cranberry Loaf (with an added egg today).  I like it both ways.  With and without the egg.

I also need to sit with the washing machine as G has loaded the dirty clothes basket.  I have my Morning Pages notebook and pen there.  It's now the Washing Machine Pages book. Which is working out just fine.  Three pages is sometimes two washes and sometimes only one.  Depending on how much time I spend looking out the window.

Yesterday evening the phone rang and it was Grace from the Windthreads Blog.  I was so surprised to hear her voice again and she was so happy in what she had to say.  She was driving to a Master Gardener Plant Sale (a wonderful event) in California and had driven past a stand of walnut trees.  And she was using a paper map to get from her Hill to the Plant Sale.  I love paper maps.  And on her way home she had stopped to collect walnuts.  And--the sweet part...she had shouted my name when she found the walnut trees.  Because we have often written to each other about the black walnuts and how they do such good things to cloth and I had said I wanted to try making ink.  I have seen the ink and it's a warm earthy brown.  Lovely on the page.  Very old fashioned.  And on her blog you can see the trees and her bag of walnuts.  The blog is in my list over to the right.

Today is the first Sunday in a very very long Time that I have wanted to go to Goodwill.  Perhaps there is something there today for me?   But first things first.  The Daily Walk (bundled up and with my cane) because Riley is the Dog Who Must Be Obeyed.  He's on his dog bed next to me giving his feet a proper cleaning.  So...off I go with a full list of things to do today.  Hope your day is a good one.

  


2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Thanks for the picture of your house. It's hard to imagine without the windows - you did a great renovation.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

BEAUTY FULL wall of windows!!!!!