Friday, October 25, 2019

Daily Notes- October 25th


EDIT:  Riley went to the Vet and he has a fever which is why he is sleeping so much and refusing food. It's what humans do when they have a fever.  He's been given fluids, antibiotics and now just needs to let those things do there jobs.  We are SO VERY RELIEVED.

Working on this small page.  It began with Jude Hill's 5 by 7 pages.  Two Winters ago.  The squares are one inch.  Jude made quite a few in all shades of white.  Sewn into a book of pages.  At the Time, she thought it would be a good travel item- she could stitch or appliqué onto the blank pages as one would in a paper journal.

The first day I made all those X stitches.  Like crossing off days on a calendar page.  Then last night I started adding things from the box of bits on the chair next to me.  The brown and red was a tied prayer cloth like the one Grace sent to me.  The square in the upper left was a print that I embroidered.  Followed the lines in the print with dark blue- made a Moon.  Later still, I made circles around a few spots in the fabric.  The base cloth is something out of a dye bath.  Very "tender cloth"- it has practically no weight to it.

I mentioned yesterday the cloth was marked with X's for regrets.  I have changed my mind.   The X's are now, remembering what has gone before.  Not forgetting. Making wishes for the Future.  The circles are seeds for Growing.  The X's at the top- Stars.

Riley and I just went on a short walk down the street to the Twins house and then back- no tension on the leash.  And he drank some water.  We are taking him to the Vet's office after their lunch break at 2. They want to do a chest X-ray. And they may do a fluids IV.  We could have gone before 12, but I didn't know how long it would have taken to get him in the car.  He is still refusing to eat or take pills. And refusing the Hemp treat which he has never refused.

I have another small colored pencil drawing for tomorrow's post.  And I may read a book or go look at more posts at "gracedandmending" blog.  Grace on Windthread mentioned this blog and I went and read thru quite a few posts.  The Fiber artist on this blog collects fabric on the streets and paths as she walks her dog in a changing urban environment.  Homeless people, aging in place people, creative people.  And her fabric works reflect all of that.  And the author sparked much joy and laughter in this Reader when she felt she needed a rusting tin can-- and found an iron cog of some sort and wrapped it in cloth and tied it and cooked it in her 4 cup crock pot and made the loveliest patterns. and she was so charmed by these printed cloths.  Simple Joy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this piece is just stunning. I love everything about it.

I hope that Riley feels better soon. There is nothing as miserable as knowing your dog is ill.

Take care and have a good weekend.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

the bless~ed little white pill
i love
your flower people