Monday, October 14, 2019

Daily Notes- October 14


Yesterday was a good day.  Productive.  G mowed the back lawn and collected the leaves and grass clippings and I piled them gently into two and a half beds in the fenced garden.  Later the twin boys and our neighbor's two granddaughters (visiting) came to pick grapes.  G and I collected a large container of grapes-- they are even more delicious than when I made jelly--and I will be using them for my cloth dyeing experiments.

I didn't bake sourdough bread- though there was a period of Time, years ago, when I did do that. I used some of the ripe bananas I have in the freezer (meant for smoothies) but used yesterday to make a loaf of banana bread for G.  I also used the last package of chicken thighs in the freezer to make the first Fall/Winter pot of Chicken Soup for G.  I had gone to the grocery to get carrots for the soup but forgot that my produce bin was out of celery.  He liked it anyway.

G needed tending as he has/had a rash of swollen bumps on his neck that was itchy and a tick on his dangly men parts.

I'm needing to do some clothes washing so I will take my Morning Pages journal and my book and read or write while I monitor the water levels in the rinse cycle.  I don't want the water to seep onto the floors.  The new floors.  I am not sure when I will get tired of the watching the washer wash clothes and call the repair man-- I think it will be pretty soon.

And I also think I need to start wearing my reading glasses when I do hand sewing.

I have a big basket of grapes out in the vestibule and when I get them picked and into the dye pot I will dye some more cloth.  I also have a quart bag of avocado pits that I need to smash up and use to make pink cloth.  And sumac flower heads to "dull" cloth that is too bright.  Later I might roll a few things around the rusty black tin cans.  But not today.

Today its the washing machine and a book to read.  Happy Indigenous People's Day

No comments: