Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Daily Notes-- October 30


What I worked on yesterday when not walking the dog (4 walks a day).  The lower right lavender is from the new Goodwill shirt I cut up.  That took awhile (opening seams).  In person the cloth works better than it does here in the image.  Here the pink/purple is fighting with the lavender.  And it needs a good press with the iron.  But I wanted to have something new here this dismal, wet morning.

I know I should not complain of rain.  Rain is an important provider of minerals for the Earth.  And I know Grace in California wants the rains to come again.  Soon.  But it is more the darkness that I do not like.  The Dark Times.  Winter.

Riley is getting stronger by the day.  His earlier "compliance" is gone.  He is trying to drag me off the street into the brambles in search of stinky things to eat.  He drags most forcefully near the house with a small dog.  Who poops in the yard.  Disgusting.  He is ingesting enough water to pee generously another worry of mine.  So that is good sign and it wasn't true on Sunday or Monday.  Riley is a willful dog.  He has strong ideas about "how things should be" and....we are butting heads over his dog food yet again.  The cause is the turkey I wrap his pills in- to get him to open his mouth.

I used my "new" spoon for my cereal this morning and it was a delight.  Much better than the one I had been using.  And when I was putting my washed dishes back into the dish cupboard I realized I had already switched to Petite Fleur many weeks ago.  Duh!

So- I will iron my pieced cloth- sort of made of components but not the sort of components Jude is making for class.  Just pieces I have in a container here next to my chair.  I spent more time sorting and looking and trial and error than I do sewing.  I have a favorite Christmas Movie from Lifetime to watch- I recorded it.  This one is an actual Hallmark movie.

G used my computer yesterday and things are messed up here- so I will try and press publish and be done for the day.  I argued with him enough yesterday to last the rest of the month.


2 comments:

Annie said...

Those colors are gorgeous in your new piece, I really like it!

Deb Lacativa said...

I hate to be mean, but change your password. That way, it's all the computer's fault.