Sunday, September 01, 2019

Daily Notes- September 1st


A year- possible a few more.  In my drawing journal.  So similar in color--using the same dish of paint--- and subject.  I was startled to see how much it looks like what I just painted a few days ago.  But I found the stacked drawer man to be very interesting.  And I had yellow that day.  A clean yellow.

I am reading.  Still.  It seems like a very slim book -The Flatshare-.  But it reads like a very thick book.  Not that I mind but it is taking me so long to find out how this strange story ends.  A love story.  I like the characters.  I feel like I would enjoy meeting them.  and I hope there is more.

We had sliced ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella with basil leaves, olive oil and Balsamic vinegar for a late dinner.  While we watched the hurricane news and then the really awful story of the woman who called 911 and was told to stop whining as she drowned in her car.  Because it was her fault for driving into the water.

This is where I want an eye for an eye.  I want that 911  officer/woman in a car pushed into the water and when she screams for help to shout out to her- stop whining.

We were just finishing our meal as we watched this news story.  I sat and cried.  Is this what our World has come to????   Nothing more to write today.  No Goodwill. No Blizzard. And G can't find the "good" dog whistle.  And I ate the last Brownie last night.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

That stacked drawer guy - I love that. And those leaves. Just the right touches of playfulness and art.

deemallon said...

Gawd i hadnt heard that 911 story. How awful!