Friday, September 06, 2019

Daily Notes- September 6


Here is the House finished with some added ink drawing etc.  Like quilting.

Yesterday was all day Plumber.  He is hooking the four remaining European radiators up so we can actually heat the living room and dining room this Winter with new radiators.  So we have furniture pushed forward from the walls and paths where we can walk.  He is cleaning as he goes so no huge mess. Today he will finish the radiator in the dining room.

I actually had the little house finished yesterday and had started on the background painting of number three.  But then we moved furniture and my painting set up was no longer available.  So, yesterday I drew picture number four while watching a Valentine Hallmark movie.  You know, woman chef who cooks in four inch stiletto heels.  Because....Hallmark. But I don't think I will be able to paint today.

I picked peaches for the neighborhood yesterday as the fruit is now ripe and ready to eat.  Walked up and down the street delivering them.  There is only one very tall branch with fruit left unpicked on the one tree and the peaches on the short tree aren't ready yet. I think that's why I have two trees.  Staggered fruit.   The Plumber ate peaches during his work day. And the TruGreen guy ate peaches while he sprayed my lawn.  The squirrels are also eating peaches.  My daughter got a big bowl of them and was thrilled.

My picking of peaches resulted in a very red, blotchy rash all over my arms.  Today all that's left are scratches.  I must have scratched my arms on the chicken wire around the trees and the chicken wire must have had something on it that I was allergic to.  Some pollen?  I don't know.  Very itchy.

I did go looking for any remaining art supplies in the bedroom closet and found another pad- mostly used- of the 8 by 8 inch paper.  So, looks like I might be able to paint pictures for you for the entire month of September.  I have sketches in my drawing journals- that was what I was doing yesterday- taking a drawing from the journal and penciling it in on the 8 by 8 paper.  I knew it was original. I am not sure about the others.  I do see work and like it and draw it into the journal to be reminded of it. So I would not paint those.  Not mine.  We'll see as we go forward.  I am using a different brand of paint and it is smoother and leaves less grit on the paper.

Since I can't paint today-- I will wash off my plate and start will all fresh paint.


No comments: