Sunday, September 15, 2019

Daily Notes- September 15th


Anniversary is almost over.  Nothing much happening, just another day.  We just keep on keeping on.

Patriots won the game and we both enjoyed watching- Riley slept thru it.  G went into the fenced garden while Riley used the facilities outside and picked some grapes.  Very nice. Good taste. Just a few more days (weeks) and they will be ripe enough.  G wants homemade grape jelly.

I planted "seedless" Concord grapes.  So, in the jelly making, I can skip the removal of the seeds portion of the process.  Last time the vines made grapes- only a handful-they were small and not juicy.   So---I sort of thought the vines would be "ornamental" rather than edible.  Nice to know I was wrong.

We've gotten thank you notes and small thank you gifts from the neighbors who received peaches this Summer.  To rave reviews.  They were beautifully shaped and colored and they were juicy and delicious.  It will be difficult for ALL of us to go back to eating grocery store peaches.

What a Summer it turned out to be.  Late-- yes, everything is very late....but so wonderfully good to eat.  Fantastic tomatoes, peaches, the small amount of plums were very good, and now the grapes. The jury is still out on the figs.  They have weeks yet to go before we pick and make preserves.

Bountiful.  Life can be such a gift.  Unexpectedly so.  I am also thinking of yesterday's teaching experience.  How that is such a gift for me.  Being a Master Gardener and in order to fulfill my volunteer hours--teaching.  Seventeen years of teaching garden classes.

So, on the anniversary of my life changing marriage I declare that Life is a Mystery.  But one that has many surprises, twists and turns.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I love that drawing in your header, what a gorgeous quilt block that would make!

Annie

Gretchen said...

Happy Day. Glad your Patriots won. My Vikings lost. :(. I made a Sunday oven meal today: chicken, potatoes, stuffing, corn pudding and gravey. It was great and we ate it while watching the game. This week I hope to get the fall decorations up and do some long over due yard work like trimming the hedges. My garden, much smaller than yours, is also finished for the season except the herbs. I have no fruit but the tomatoes were exceptional. The first guild meeting was great on Saturday and I think I have things under control so there won’t be whole days spent on guild stuff...thank goodness. Have a great week. Your friend...

Anonymous said...

Did he remember?