Thursday, September 05, 2019

Daily Notes- September 5


The Plumber is here to connect the Radiators to the furnace.  The noises from the basement making Riley vibrate with anxiety.  I've given him his tranquilizer.

Painted/played with this one yesterday afternoon while watching tennis.  The oh, so exhausted six foot six French player.  The snotty Italian with his coach sending hand signals from the seats.  It was very hot inside the stadium.  Finally, they closed the roof.

This is not finished.  Or it is because I over-painted.  The sky was so many different colors and I didn't like any so I painted it inky dark blue at the end.  Added little red flowers just before Riley and I moved to the living room for Law and Order.  The tennis game over. My Frenchman didn't win.

TruGreen showed up a week later than they said.  I ran out to ask that he not spray around the Peach trees.  He said he was coming to talk to me about them.  We agreed-- no spray in their section of the front lawn.  He didn't ask why I had peach trees in the front lawn in the first place.  Best sun. Warmer than the back in winter.  And I invited him to have a peach.  He ate three while we talked.  Took more with him. Lives with his girlfriend- not sure what he is allowed to eat. People tell me things like this.

G is on "cat feeding" duty while our daughter goes on the annual camping trip with her friends from Cross Fit.  Latrine. Lake. Cabin.  Off the grid.  The way they do it here in Maine.  They all power up their electronics and read in their bunks as it gets dark.  We are having sun and no rain so they will have a delightful weekend. Up early.

I had a good shower this morning.  Found Riley waiting for me on the bedroom rug.  Where he used to sleep when he wasn't afraid of the bedroom.  So long ago.  He comes down the hall more often now. To check up on me.  Has been on another ride in the car with G.  Perhaps the meds are starting to work?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the house and flower garden scene, fabulous piece! Annie

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Oh, that little house! Wonderful! I am in awe.