Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Daily Notes- September 4


My first stab at watercolor in about 20 plus years.  I drew my "signature" flower and reminded myself to paint the background first.  I went in later with a black ink pen for fine details.  The colors got a bit darker than I wanted as what I had on the plate was already quite dark and lots of colors had been mixed once or twice already.  And the quality of the pigment was not the best.  I'll be using the colors I purchased that come in ceramic dishes on the next painting.  Going thru the 40 years of paint purchases to see what fits my color perspective in 2019.

Translating what I "like" to fabric is really, really difficult.  A new to me Reader of the blog is an art quilter/painter and I am wondering if this Reader has as much trouble finding the "color" of cloth she wants as I do.  In painting, I can mix what I want.  Sorting thru fabric looking for the color or shade of a color I want is so frustrating.  It's why I started painting fabric the colors I wanted.

I picked a big bowl of plums off the Queen of Plums tree.  All that was on the tree.  They need a bit more ripening/softening before I eat them all.  I am not make jam or anything else with them.  G brought in a bag of peaches.  I never, never thought I would be saying this about my two small trees-- but I am getting tired of peaches.  And running out of people to give them to.....perhaps the twin boys have eaten all the peaches I dropped off and could use a re-supply?

Tuesday is a sad day of the week.  No Law and Order.  None.  Just CSI Miami and all that orange and  aqua.  The other channel has the sex crimes Law and Order.  Riley does not like either of them.  So we had a rough day.  Today will be better.  Some Criminal Intent.  We watched something on FXX that had huge animal men with huge teeth.  Lots of magic mists.  Fighting.  If there was a plot in there we couldn't find it.  Something about the Princely guys in blue and sliver and the huge brown men and the green people.  Warcraft.

I have to go out and pick up my inhaler prescription refill.  And since today isn't a holiday-- see if I can get a new book.  And G has been whining about not having a "good" selection of jams and jellies in his cupboard for breakfast.  So I will pick up a few jars today.  It's easy to chose-- I just buy what I would NOT want to eat.  We are complete opposites.  He opened a jar of Damson Plum that I made the last/first time the Queen made plums.  I had strawberry rhubarb.


1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

EEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! your painting, your
PLANT
oh..just EEEEEEEEEEEEee

i LOVE it. It's your Spirit Animal shape shifted as a Plant!!!!!!!!11

this is just so GREAT!

How big is it? If it's small and if you could, i would so much like
to buy this painting