Saturday, September 14, 2019

Daily Notes- September 14


Another line drawing from the museum.  Getting the person on paper in the fewest number of lines. Making a copy is easier than trying to do this yourself.  I would like to draw faces.  Another item for the Life List.

Today--up early (for retired people) dressed and out.  I was teaching a class of one at the Greenhouse.  Ha! All the seats were filled.  And I talked for 2 hours straight.  And in school I never would say a word. To anyone.  I amaze myself every time I stand in front of a room of expectant strangers.  And talk.  And actually do a decent enough job.

I just now finished my breakfast peanut butter sandwich.  I somehow thought to have time before the class to eat.  No.  I stopped at the library to see if it was my lucky day.  No Crawdad's book.

I made pizza for supper last night.  It came out great.  We had planned to have it for the first Patriots game but a start time of 8:45 pm precluded pizza at halftime.  The dough waited in the fridge.

I slept well.  I took my Tylenol PM and my Pepcid.

Yesterday when I walked into the master bathroom to get something.......I stepped into water.  Something occurred.  We don't know what.  We wiped up all the water and then I did a Hail Mary and set the machine to "spin" to empty it of water (still in the tub with the clothing).  It spun and and drained and then stopped just like it was supposed to and I put the nicely spun clothing into the dryer.

I will eventually need to wash another load of clothing and will stay in attendance to see what might have gone wrong.  I know there was too much water.  So that might be what happened.  Only Time and another try will TELL.  I might have to stop using the medium selection.  We are two people. Not all that much to wash.  A "disturbance in my continuum".

Well. I am going to have a good cup of coffee (work coffee was/is terrible) and then my banana and I'll be finished with my packed breakfast.

Tomorrow is our 51st Wedding Anniversary and I don't think my husband remembers.  We have not celebrated it much in all those years.  Nothing to celebrate other than us stubbornly staying married.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary, just the fact that you are still married is celebration enough!

Annie

Deb Lacativa said...

Happy Anniversary. Sounds like a great day to me. I love reading about your experiences in front of the strangers..giving a class. Has to be something you love and know like the back of your own hand.

Anonymous said...

Happy 51st Anniversary! If he doesn't remember, remind him.