Monday, September 16, 2019

Daily Notes- September 16th


Here we are.  Mid September.  Oil prices were supposed to be at an all time low for this winter.  Boom! now they are surging to an all time HIGH.   I don't see this as "random, I see this as planned. The Saudis might have bombed their own fields to raise prices.  A two-fer.  Cash plus Iran gets the blame.

Today was bill paying morning.  The installation of radiators was much more that the cost of the radiators. Much. More.  But I am happy to be rid of the filthy, cheap old rads.  G was talking of installing new baseboards.  Well, I'm okay with them in the living room.  The flooring is staying and only "upgrade" needed will be paint.  Which will be expensive.   Ceiling and all the walls.

Nothing needs doing in the kitchen dining great room.  That will all be demo'd when I finally get a new kitchen.  Don't hold your breath.  I don't really see it happening.  Too few workmen.  Too many jobs.  New Money keeps arriving in the Land of Maine.  New Money likes New Everything.  It took 2.5 years to get radiators installed. Old Maine Money never gets anything new. Old Money Houses just collapse into themselves over Time.  They compost.

I think the mishap with the washing machine might have been my fault.  I was doing a test load this morning and......honestly, I stood and looked at the buttons and had no clue as to which ones to push. Total Blank.  It came back but makes me wonder if I walked away without pushing the last button? I may have to make an index card with instructions going forward.  We all worry about G--but what if I am the one who will be losing her mind FIRST?????  This morning it seemed like a distinct possibility.

Total Blank on how the washing machine works. Total Blank on my postage stamps.  Where did I put them?

So, I paid the bills, G and Riley had a very good walk. Riley was very "bouncy" this morning.  Running around on the back grass like old times.  He's eating less food but I am wondering why he would eat as much as he did when he was super active.  He wouldn't.  So we should give him less food and just be happy he eats.

G remembered the anniversary because he had the date in his iPhone calendar.  Today he is transferring his iPhone calendar to the wall calendar.  Writing everything down. There is little chance it will remind him of anything.  That's why he has me.  He declares.  To remember for him.

Well, that might not be a good plan going forward.


No comments: