Monday, September 30, 2019

Daily Notes- September 30

Well, here's a first.  No picture.  I just don't have much in the way of anything to show and tell right now.  I went thru the picture file I have for the blog and put the pictures I have used into the trash- a regular job- nothing sudden-- and then looked at what was left and you've seen all of those- more than once but I keep them because I love them.

I guess "Job Number One" over here will be new pictures for the blog.

I did manage to sew a few more components yesterday while watching Football and the PBS with new Durrells and new Poldark.  I managed to lose my sewing needle twice and had to get out the vacuum as I didn't want the dog or man to get it stuck in their foot.  And then I went to get a pincushion to stick the damned things into.  I usually use the arm of the couch.

I also made the Football Pepperoni Pizza.  I am getting damned good at it. No need for any carry out pizza.

The house needs cleaning.  Really really needs cleaning.  So that will occupy my Tuesday and Wednesday and probably Thursday.  Our son arrives Thursday evening.  Staying the weekend.

G is working on sifting the soilless mix out of the Grow Boxes and into the 30 gallon garbage cans I store the stuff in over the Winter months.  Means he'll also be emptying the planters.  I don't do mums so there will be no flowers when the leggy petunias get composted.  I don't do pumpkins either. But I did bring the Halloween Quilt I had made for the Library down from the Attic and will hang it by the front door.  I don't know if we will bring the Spooky House down.  I think not.

And I have to make a plan to call the local moving company for boxes to load up all the crap I have in the two bookcases and the cupboards under them for the painter who shall arrive in November.  I think they sell boxes and the wrapping paper.  I loved doing my own packing when we moved.  I wrote specific things on the boxes which made it easy to find things.

I am reminded of moving to Germany and the movers unpacked all the dish boxes.  The entire dining room was wall to wall very short piles of dishes, glasses, cups etc. No furniture.  Not one space to walk.  I remember standing in the doorway and laughing at first and then crying.  Downstairs it was piles of books.  And no bookcases.  We just didn't go into the dining room for a couple of weeks unless we needed a glass to drink from.  But it all got put away. And added to.

When unpacking ---one, first, needs to decide where the item will go.  Where it will go and be found.

My husband puts things away where they will not be found.  And then asks me to find the items for him.  I do.  Because I look for the last place on Earth I would have put that particular item.  And it's there that I find it. Every time.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm with you,Joanne,I don't do mums or pumpkins either. I just don't care for them.My impatiens are in full bloom, all shades of red and pink,they are common, but give lovely color and so long lasting!