Saturday, September 07, 2019

Daily Notes- September 7th


A sample of how I could paint-long ago.  This bud took a long time and it is actual real size.  The method is called Botanical Watercolor and is an exact (as possible) image of the living specimen.  As you can see-- I am a long ways from being able to do this right now. This type of Watercolor actually uses very little water and in some cases only glycerin mixed with pigment.

The radiators are in-- just in Time-  I am wearing socks and corduroy pants!!  G has on three layers for cutting the back grass before it rains again.  Dorian is off the coast.  Skies are a delicious watercolor in shades of grey.  It's cold, damp and windy.

We just got back from Dairy Queen!!!!! Yes!  Riley seemed good today so into the car we went for Chinese lunch and DQ.  And because there is no sun and it's cooler-- we didn't have to worry about the dog being in the car. I had the Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard.  I know you're smiling Connie!!!

We also saw the gray and white cat the neighbors have been talking about.  Wondering who it belongs to. It came up from the east side of the drive, across and then into the back yard.  G saw it race to the west side of the yard and come back up with a wiggling mouse in it's teeth.  Good job.

I was very ....I don't even know what to call it....but yesterday all I felt able to do is watch four or five hours of Law and Order Criminal Intent.  A season I had never seen.  The last one.  Riley was good with it and kept me company.  He's learned a "trick"-- his first and only one--- he is closing doors with force and they slam shut.  And I think he likes doing it because it startles G and I each and every time.  I didn't believe he was doing it but I actually have seen him and it's amazing.  Twelve years and no tricks and now at 13 he slams doors.  And quite proud of the achievement.

And in the evening we all three of us--- watched the New York tennis. Lordy, I don't like that Italian guy. But I guess the one up next--is so much worse.  He gave the finger to the crowd last time he played. And when did the Tennis Guys all get so tall and awkward looking?  Six- five, six- six and I think the one coming up might be six-seven. I think the final is tomorrow.

Well, I'm reading a Bodice Ripper Romance and I am half way in and need to get back into it and finish.  Will she have to marry the bad guy (a Rake) and is the guy they are protecting really the King of Feltland? I know-- it's trash but it's been years since I read one of these and it's sooooo bad but soooo good.  Like junk food.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sure is cold today, I went out for a walk and was back in side in no time, I was freezing! Wow, that bud is beautiful, you must get back to painting like that!
Riley's trick is cute, slamming doors, funny.

I've been lazy today....binge watching "Breaking Bad" on Netflix. I tried it one other time and couldn't take the violence. This time I kept going, I'm up to the 4th out of 5 episodes, it's actually a very good piece of work, great writing, directing and acting. One has to slog through the violence.

Annie