Monday, April 01, 2019

Daily Notes- April First


What the puzzle should look like by now-- but doesn't.  I am about to box up all the pieces and call it quits.  Once the media fast was over--so was my three times a day working time on the puzzle.  Not that I achieved much.  I didn't.  It was just a place to be for a period of Time each day.  Something to be doing with my hands while sorting thoughts in my head.

My daughter stopped by after work last night.  Brought over used CD's she purchased for me.  Roy Orbison and Patsy Klein among others.  I'll be listening to them while sewing fabric to fabric.

G and I binge watched Victoria last night.  I had saved all ten episodes on TiVo and we finally had the time to watch 7 of the episodes.  We could have kept going but G decided to save the last three for tonight.  We both had forgotten how much we enjoy watching multiple episodes in one evening.  I think G has forgotten the previous episodes if we watch only one a week.  Has no idea of the story.

Goodwill.  I got an excellent red (very nice color) zip front light fleece jacket.  RED.  I am buying things with vibrant colors.  And a very nice pale yellow jug from London Pottery.  I liked holding it. It felt right.  Now I have to get rid of five ratty old things for the Weekly Task.  As I enjoy mending old ratty things--I will look for five things.  They may not be old.

My Artist Date for last week was done yesterday.  I walked in the woods with G and Riley.  We had on heavy boots with ice spikes.  Ice everywhere and where there was no ice -ankle deep squish.  When I got home, I raked the little garden bed up against the southern side of the house.  Removed leaves so I could see the early Spring flowers popping up thru the snow.  Bright, deep blue crocuses.  Shoots of the small daffodils I enjoy so much.  (I walked with them again today and it was slippery- and I worried about slipping and falling).

This week I am supposed to bake something.  I am considering brownies or cookies.  The cookies will be for G and will have frosting and sprinkles.  Dairy Queen opened.  But G didn't want to stand in line.  It was cold and windy.

I was also supposed to find a small rock (or 5) and keep one in my pocket to "keep myself connected to organic, Earthy things".   I could not find any rocks on either walk.  Maine is sort of rock-less.  But on my way back from the library--there it was--the size of a quarter and "sort of" shaped like a heart.  Right there on the edge of the sidewalk.  Waiting for me.  It's warm and in my pocket.  I like the way it feels in the palm of my hand, warm from my pocket.


1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

LOVE the old country singers.