Friday, April 05, 2019

Daily Notes- April 5th


By Vincent.  I neglected to get the painting's name.

This is the way it feels here in Maine.  The blue sky and big white clouds and the feeling of WIND. G has left for the drive to the hospital, the Radiology department and another test. The PET scan. NO not the PET it was the nuclear stress test.  They inject radium into the blood.  And then Xray.

He is getting quite worried.  But they will see whatever it is or isn't today.
Next week, the PET scan

I have written my Morning Pages every day for the almost 6 weeks now.  I purchased a 2 pack of Pilot Pens, black ink, at the grocery store yesterday just in case I run out of ink.  I think my choice of journal for the pages was the right one.  Smooth surfaced white unlined pages.  8 by 10.  At first they seemed so large but now they seem just right.

I had forgotten I am supposed to be writing down every single penny of purchases made this week.  One grocery visit, one Goodwill visit and one fabric store visit. Perhaps, if I can find a receipt--there was an earlier in the week grocery purchase.  I am unsure if it fits week 6 or was week 5.  I just do not shop.  Last week I purchased cookie cutters in a large bag at Goodwill $3.00 --- I opened the bag later in the car--I didn't like any of the cutters except for a very large star.  What I had been WANTING.  I will be re-donating the rest of the cookie cutters to Goodwill.  But I now own a large star cookie cutter.  G likes large cookies. Tons of sprinkles on the sugary icing

I put 12 large fat white candles on Riley's small cake yesterday and we sang Happy Birthday as I held the cake down where he could see it--he was on his dog bed.  Not too close because the candles were burning.   G and I had cake.  It was very delicious cake.  And we wished Riley a very Happy Year!!!

Lots of Good Walks.  Sniffs.  Naps.  Rides in the Car.  Treats.  And the usual amount of LOVE which is Limitless.  Riley just reminded me--I forgot Shake It Ups.  He just did one as he moved from his Morning Bed by the dining room table to the Afternoon Bed by the couch, tv and computer.  Where I am.   I asked him, yesterday, on his birthday, if he thought he might take up Ball Chasing in his later years.  He's never shown any interest in a Ball.  He said he didn't think he would.  He'll continue to enjoy Stick Chewing and Carrying.  But he will never Run and Fetch anything. He's very sure about that.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Ha, "It's a dog's life"

I'm wishing G all the best, sounds like a lot of tests recently, sure hope all is well. I'm especially thinking of him through the chemical stress test, it is awful, as I had that done last Sept, after my third heart attack. The test doesn't take a long time, over before you know it.