Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Daily Notes- April 3rd


Whatever I said I was doing yesterday.  I didn't.  I am my own worst enemy.  My Morning Pages, today, were filled with my self sabotaging behaviors.  A lifetime of them.  Continuing.

Second from the top on the far right of this image of my wall.  Vincent.  Starry Night.  Paris.

I need to find an image of the restaurant Vincent painted with the canopy over the tables.  In fact, I am going to ask the bookstore owner to find me a book of Vincent's paintings.  I might even write in the Morning Pages that I would like to go see Vincent's paintings where ever they are located--a huge expensive road trip.. with a necessary passport.  How many of them are in museums?  How many in private collections?  How many got stolen or burned in WWII?

You write it in the Morning Pages and things come true.  The author says.

I stopped at the Greenhouse to pick up a copy of the info sheet on the class I am teaching this month. And it was a VERY GOOD THING I DID as I am teaching THIS Saturday.  In Two Days.  OMG, I nearly was absent from my teaching jig!  Gardening 101.  The Everything Bagel of Gardening Classes and I have NEVER taught this class.  I've taught everything else.  Never 101.  So, I have no notes, I have no pages of my own, I have nothing.   It feels like that dream you have where you wake up and you are late for something very important and you just have no idea what it is.

I am just going to wing it.  Ask them what they WANT to know and then tell them what I know regarding their question.  Each person gets a question and answer and then we'll go around again, time permitting.  If we only have two or three people--then we'll get all their questions answered.

 I am carrying my gigantic Master Gardener class binder with me on Saturday.  Just in case I get a question I can't answer.  In that case, my question will get answered as well.

My Coffee Date Friend has sent me an email.  The College Art Museum is holding a Pigment Exploration Workshop on April 5th.  3 to 5 pm.  I think I have my Artist Date for the week.  And I think there is a very good probability the Museum Gift Shop will have something by Vincent on a card or postcard.  Perhaps even a book.

I wrote in the Morning Pages and my Coffee Date Friend sends an email.  Pigment.  Color.  Natural Sources.  Love it.


2 comments:

Jan said...

You need to plan a trip to Amsterdam. The Van Gogh Museum is filled with so many favorites plus many that I, a huge VG fan, wasn't familiar with. Have you read 'Dear Theo'? Based on his letters to his brother.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

You will not really be winging that gardening class. You could have written the book! They will be lucky when you share your knowledge.