Thursday, April 18, 2019

Daily Notes- April 18th


Ten by Twelve inches.  Things are happening.  No more of the tan/green fabric so I started in on the gold/yellows.  I liked how that tan/green was a "resting square" but I searched most of an hour in the solids box.  Nothing.  Where did only 6 squares come from?

Finished reading Paris By The Book  (Connie you will like it) at one in the am.  Author is Liam Callanan and I am going to read his The Cloud Atlas next or All Saints or Listen and other Stories which ever one arrives first on the library reserve.

I stopped at Walmart after my haircut to see if they had a cassette/CD player.  Sony.  It looks good and now I will be able to listen to music while I sew.  I'll start with vintage mixed tapes of early sixties music.  My friend's husband made them for me.  I used to play them when I had parties.  In the big player we had. One would finish and the next one start--in a continuing loop. I was complimented on my good taste in music.  The tapes remind me the early 60's in college and the joy of that music.  Makes you want to dance.  Or just sing along.  We all know the words.

It looks like it's going to rain.  Hard and for a long time. My car is out in the driveway so it'll get washed.  I might don my raincoat and use a large sponge with car wash soap on it when it 's raining really good.  To scrub the last of the road salt off the flat back side of the Fit.  The hatch has this wing over the top and the backside never gets clean even in a carwash.  2008.  30K in mileage.

I keep looking at the picture up top.  I need more "resting" squares.


1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. And I love the different colors showing up in your squares.