Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Daily Notes- April 30th


Image from the newspaper pinned to my "mood" wall.  Accidentally, I gave the paper crow on top a huge red berry (thumbtack) to eat.- Ha!  The lower two crows are squawking.  Where's our berry????

I made chili yesterday after writing to you here.  I had been putting it off.  The making.  I am rather out of touch with daily cooking.  So, it seemed like too much work.  But I broke it down and it got done.  I add diced carrots to my chili because that's the way my mother made it.  And I diced  the largest green pepper I could find in the vegetable aisle at the local grocery.  The carrot could be described as a horse carrot.  Really large.

I'm not sure what I would be called.  Certainly not a vegetarian but I eat WAY MORE vegetables than most of the people I know.  And I take after my paternal grandfather--"strong like bull" only I don't pour whiskey into my morning cup of coffee.  The tendencies to be an alcoholic skipped me.  I am grateful.  But, man, I did LOVE breathing in the aroma of that strong coffee and whiskey. My grandpa's morning "wake up".  First drink of the day.

We had our one day of sunshine (and I picked the first 2019 tick off G) and now it's back to DARKNESS and RAIN and COLD so the aforementioned chili is a wonderful thing for me to have for today's meal and tomorrow's.

The intermittent fasting is going okay--  I don't know what weight I started at--so I used the weight from my last doctor's appointment in October. I'm certain I gained weight since then but--I'm going with the doctor's visit weight as a "known" so the loss totals 9 pounds.  Ten pounds is one size.  So, my winter pants are easier to button.  I am wearing my 20 year wedding ring.  These are markers that I can notice each day.  And now that the scale is in my bedroom and has a fresh battery--I can weigh in each morning.

I am going to layer that very pale patchwork I showed you a few days ago.  And do some in the ditch quilting.  See how that goes.  Just what if-ing.

I forgot to mention--Goodwill Sunday-  Treasures.  A one dollar silk print blouse.  In a black and brown herringbone print or weave.  Very nice.  To wear or cut up. And at the other Goodwill across Town a wool bear about 8 inches tall- (perhaps 10) with long  moveable arms and legs and a head that turns.  Dark brown as well.  He looked up into my eyes and I looked into his little button eyes and we decided to live together. I checked his ear to see if there had once been a Steiff button. No.

Also, fabric.  An old fashioned green twigged print I added to the Civil War Box and then two very wild and crazy prints--not African but sort of like that.  Oranges and Blues.  Something to think about using.

1 comment:

me-ml said...

joanne, I think we could be friends!!
(i am here every day and usually have something to say back to you) today, i love the crows, would like to see the bear, and am wondering about your jaw -following up w/dentist?