Friday, April 26, 2019

Daily Notes- April 26th


Pale.  Ghost of a pattern.  My own plant based dyed cloth.  The old, old soft cotton.  It waits (laid over a yard of new cotton).  So patient.  Will there be more?  I don't know.  Only Time will tell. I started this while reading back into Jude's files on Pages and Sanity two winters ago. Spirit Cloth.

Walked the past two days with G and Riley.  Riley had a good night's sleep last night which means G did also.  He is still sleeping out on the couch with the dog at night.   On the walk in the woods out back (with a 15% degree up and down hill and valley) Riley was checking for messages --I call it Pee Mail. If he gets a reply to one of his Pee Mails--then he leaves a new message.  Only two today.  So many yesterday that he had to restock his water supply a few times.

We crossed over two bridges (water isn't as deep as it will be tomorrow after it rains all of today) and I collected a pine branch.  Will try to get some color out of it in the steam kettle.  The table out in the Vestibule is loaded with plant material that I will steam with cloth.  I've been collecting more than I have been steaming.  I could make a fire outside but I don't have one of those cast iron kettles.  Yesterday I collected fat mounds of moss.  Which I potted up in a clay pot near the deck.  A shady spot.  I often added collected moss to bonsai and dish gardens at work.  And interesting rocks.  For a more natural look.  More of a "garden".  This moss garden will live outside.

I did get all the blueberry bushes fertilized yesterday.  I had a small white dainty tea cup as my scooper.  It was the perfect size and it really did a good job.  I must have brought it home with me--from where--I don't remember.  But it ended up on the potting bench.  I also gave the acidic fertilizer (Hollytone) to the rhubarb after I raked all the debris of Winter way from the bed.

Yesterday I started and finished Nina George's Book of Dreams.  It's really all about living and dying. I found it disturbing, loving, fascinating and at the end--incredibly sad.  I will remember Henri and Eddie and Sam for a long time.  Nothing to do with Paris.  I had no idea her books were translated into English.  Difficult to do, I think, as it was first published in 2015 in German, I would guess.

It's supposed to rain all day.  Later in the evening and overnight some of the coastal areas will be flooding.  We've been asked to have our drinking water tested.  "Things have happened". The letter didn't say what that might have been.  Maine is like the canary in the coal mine for the rest of you.
"Things have happened".




No comments: