Monday, April 29, 2019

Daily Notes- April 29th

Working.  Pulling weeds, cutting the dry herb stalks from last year.  Piling everything into the wheel barrow.  After the walk....I am starting a habit of walking with G and Riley each day...I cut down White Pine seedlings along the path to the woods.  24 to 30 of them.  Perhaps more.  There are thousands.  They block the Sun went they grow older.  They make Winter days bleak with their walls of darkness.  I look back there and its a wall of black as far as I can see.  Enough.  I want light.

Reading, still, the Night Ferry.  The book is not as compelling as the ones that went before.  One policeman is in solitary confinement and another is on a train to Bosnia.  Will he find the answers he needs?  Only about 100 pages to go.  I'm sure the authors intended suspense at this point. No.

Women Rowing North is waiting for me at the library.  And I have the Cloud Atlas on the reading shelf and one other book which shall remain nameless as I am not getting up to find out what it is.

In just a moment in Time--which is how it comes here in Maine--I switched from my corduroy pants, wool sweater and thermal long sleeve top to short sleeved tee, black knit cropped pants and no socks. and I sat in the sunshine and let it warm me to the core.  Then my left ear gave me a shout out that I need sunscreen--NOW!!!  That ear is like an early warning beacon. So, I came into the house and-well, the computer lured me here.  I will go back outside with sunscreen and wearing one of my "sprinkle/sparkle" work shirts.  I wish I had sent more of them to be "sprinkled".

Neighbors are coming out of their houses--I was thinking about a Block Party--only it would just be just our street. So a Street Party.  It's a long street with each home sitting on the back of an acre plus lot. Mostly I see the neighbors I do know--at the grocery store---like once a year.  I'll give it more thought.  I heard, long ago in the early 1990's when I moved here--that they had parties all the time on this street.  Even had a progressive New Year's Eve dinner.  Some of the men wore tuxedos.  Then it stopped.  And never really got started again.

So a bunch of grills, a blow up bouncy house for the kids, music and perhaps someone making margaritas in the Vitamix with fresh limes and lemons (me).  What could go wrong?  Laughing.





1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

a really really Big Smile here....It's one of those things that
sometimes is better to just imagine?