Thursday, April 11, 2019

Daily Notes- April 11th


My sewing machine table.  This is what I have been working on for the past few days.  The center 9 patch was sewn by hand many months ago.  But my eyes are getting too old for hand sewing, I think. I just noticed the three little one inch squares of pink-all in a row.  How did I let that happen??? But I am not going to fix it.  I'll just roll with it.  Looks like I have way more than I need of the dark violet.
Right now--I refuse to cut more of the pink squares but I might have to cave.  But there are blue and yellows there also.

I created my "Mood Board" for the Artist's Way yesterday.  I had to go into the Magic Attic for a sheet of paper large enough and happened to find a matching piece of stiff cardboard.  So the thing can lean against something.  It looks good.  All sorts of images of things I enjoy, want to enjoy or things I might want to own.


I especially like the image of the bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich.  The entire board is a rectangle. It was fun to fit all the pieces together and still have it be recognizable.  If you have access to some magazines with very nice pictures you might want to start tearing out the images that speak to you. don't worry what they they are saying.  I added yoga and couldn't do that pose if my life depended on it.  But I think I might want to be able to.

Last night I noticed my rings felt too tight so I got them off and put away again.  I don't know what happened nor what I ate to make me retain water.  But not wearing the rings makes me sad today.

We watched more MSNBC than I thought was healthy yesterday.  And it was no where as much as before the Media Fast.  But I said "turn it off" and we did. Lies are toxic. I have books to read. And since it seems to be very warm outside (40), I think I may do a nice easy 30 minute walk.  Up the street and across into the other neighborhood and then back.  With my rescue inhaler in my pocket.  Like the old days before we got Riley--that would be more than 12 years ago.  

G and Riley just came back from THEIR daily walk (reporting very soggy Earth in the woods) and both are now sound asleep.  Two Old Men.



1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I'm glad you're leaving the three pink squares in a row. I'm a big believer in intuitive piecing, I think that sometimes our minds tell us what to do when we relax into it.