Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Daily Notes- April 23rd


Blooming right now at my house.  Such lovely things orchids.  More so I think, because it takes so long for them to re-bloom.   Off to the left and behind-- one of the pansy orchids has a few buds opening very slowly.  Perhaps, by Friday.  Flowers look like pansies.

Something has happened to the computer overnight.  Very slow and quite stubbornly opening pages. I haven't been able to get any of my emails to open.  If things are truly messed up---I will be very very sad.  All of you "out there" are my only contacts with humans other than my daughter and my walking buddy.  I write to you and sometimes--not often enough, you write back.  But I know you're out there.

This morning--as soon as I was up and dressed--and even before the Morning Pages--I was up in the Magic Attic looking for the two (possibly three) pink fabrics I used for the center pieces of the postage stamp doll quilt.  There was a tub of cloth I hadn't looked at closely enough.  I had to go back twice and finally brought down ALL the pinks.  Held them up to the square and matched all of them.  My reason for searching--I think I need to re-introduce the original center pinks back into future strips.  Continuity.  All that pink was looking out of place.  I'll be cutting 1.5 inch squares and seeing if it works out.  I really should have co-mingled the pinks and all the other colors much sooner. I may just add one more strip going all around.  Show it to you and see what anyone thinks.

My seven day book- The Book of Dreams has an "due soon" noticed in the emails I can't open.  So that's on my to-do list for today as well.  And my daughter wants me to create "rice bags" for her eyes.  Something she can heat in the microwave and place on her eyes to perhaps unclog her oil glands.  It all sounds weird to me.

G's turn to sleep on the couch with the dog last night.  Even with a tranquilizer.  I am starting to think it's not the going to bed--it's the turning off of lights.  The dark.  Riley is sleeping as I type.  By the couch and alongside the large ottoman.  But the lights are on.  Perhaps he can't see in the dark?  Which is why he's bumping into things, panting and drooling.  He is eating.  He chased a deer in the woods yesterday.  He jumps into the car and goes with G on errands.

Yesterday G and I pruned the red crab tree.  It was hard work.  For G.  I was in charge of pointing out where to cut.  Collecting branches.  Raking leaves out from under and around the tree and the rhododendrons.  And clean up. And finding the different saws in the tool trunk. And putting the insect nests into the soapy water bucket.

We watched Antiques Roadshow--well, I was the only one awake.  A double feature yesterday. Then I watched Hallmark Mysteries.  A haunted castle and stolen antiquities.  Episode Two.  I'd already seen episodes one and three weeks or months ago.  Then I went to bed.


2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh,my,that orchid is beyond beautiful!

Diane N said...

My oldest dog has cataracts and low light or darkness makes him apprehensive. Could Riley possibly have cataracts? I would think the vet would spot them as the cloudiness is pretty easy to see.