Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Field Notes- Wednesday, March First. Lots of dry light SNOW. Blinding Sun. Deer Tracks.


 A small pile of green scraps that I picked out of the tub in the sewing room.

I go down there...to the sewing room....just to look around.  Not to actually stay there as I have the heat set to sleeping temp and not sitting around by the sewing machine temp.  We sleep under a deluxe down comforter.  I don't sew wearing the same ...... why heat a set of rooms we are not inhabiting?

Doing the wash is chilling enough.

As to the Yard Tracks- I saw the actual deer yesterday for the first time.  They are cold and hungry.  They must have come off the island when we were having that strange stretch of warm days.  Now...they are stuck here with little in the way of food...other than what they can steal out of the bird feeders.

The yard is a maze of tracks.

Husband is reading the paper and finishing breakfast--slowly--as the next thing to do is snowblower the driveway.  While he actually likes snowblowing...he doesn't like being cold.  When he comes in- after- he'll roll up into the couch down lap blanket and take a nap.

I finished the Horrific Blindsighted.  Am now reading a YA (Young Adult) book titled "Better Than The Movies".  It's about two high school kids living next door to each other. He likes her- she thinks she doesn't like him. Lynn Painter.  I read her one adult fiction book and liked it.  I am liking this YA one also. As a "girl" who might still be having regrets about high school even at 76.......these high school books are fun. Reminding me..if I had tried a bit...I might have had fun, too.  

I don't go to reunions.  There was a point in TIME when I could have gone......but that passed and now..? I managed to see most everyone at 21 when we all registered to vote.....at the same place. I was gobsmacked at how many of the "popular girls" had TWO kids. OMG!!!!!!  Not surprised they had one as most had been VERY pregnant at the Christmas concert following our June graduation.  Prom Babies. At the Voter Sign up they actually looked like they wanted to kill those of us without a kid hanging off our knees.  The guys who showed up.....looked worn out........depressed.  Vietnam.  

One guy.  We always were seated next to each other in study halls.  Alphabetically. For all the years of high school.  He was there. I actually had to have a friend make sure I didn't go over and give him a hug. He looked worn out and sad. Oddly enough...my brother used to ask me about this guy........like 20 years after high school.  

The printer works.  It's out of INK.  Still speaking Croatian.  Not English.  Very happy.

No comments: