Saturday, March 11, 2023

Field Notes- Cloudy with a chance of something awful- like RAIN. It feels really cold.


 My favorite GreenFood.  Romaine.  Been quite a long time since I actually saw one this nice at the local grocery.  I chop them up and top with hot pulled pork, yellow cheese and sour cream. BBQ Salad. Bountiful Large Salad Bowl.  Usually they come in a 3 pack and I use all three for ONE salad.

I have one Baked Potato left to eat.  Loaded up with sour cream, cheddar cheese and BUTTER. If I had Pulled Pork I would add that to the potato. But I have no Southern Meat in the Fridge. Yesterday I had a Cold Supper of Honey Yogurt, Bran Buds and Big Fat Lovely Red Raspberries.  I was wrapped in my Down Comforter but still felt a chill.

I can actually SEE myself adding Pulled Pork to most every thing.

 I took the sheets off the bed.  So, Washing Machine Pages with a scarf around my neck to hold in any warmth........and a hat?

I have the sheets to wash.  And the mattress to spin.  And then sheets on the bed.  Etc etc.........After that I intend to do "not much of anything".  Oh...I do have Daughter's Work Pants to Mend... Knees. But the Sewing Room is only slightly warmer than the bathroom/washing machine room........Why you ask?

Because heating oil is $850 a pop so the rooms we are not in all day- don't get as much heat. At times the bill is four digits. $1150.  And YOU THOUGHT MAINE WAS A GREAT PLACE TO VACATION??? Well, it is....in August.  And ONLY in August.  When it gets up to 104 degrees.  Well, it used to.

No comments: