Sunday, March 05, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday, March 5th. Bright Sunshine, 40 degrees about 10 inches of snow. Yesterday.


 Another photo of the Crab Tree.  Loaded with snow.  Right after I took this the power went out.  Husband decided to take nap and I added a second layer of down comforter.  Power came on Just in Time for our 3pm meal (so was off about 4 hours).  He had soup and I had hotdogs. And the furnace worked overtime to warm up the house.

I managed to get husband to wait till this morning to do the snow blowing.  He's out back shoveling the deck without a coat.....it's in the 40's ---which, here in Maine, is considered really WARM. For March. Husband thinks we got somewhere around 10 inches of snow. This is a Man Measurement.  The shrubs have about that much sitting on top of them.  The poor Rhododendrons.  (spelling) are heavily weighed down with snow caps.  We'll see if they can make flowers....after freezing repeatedly.

Even though it's the usual temp for the house- it feels cold today. 65.

The Sun reflecting off the snow is blinding.

The Sunday Paper was dull.  I am guessing not much is happening.  I only got five numbers in the Daily Sudoko Puzzle.  So, it's not going to be a real "smart" day for me.  The two words I put into the crossword puzzle were close but wrong.  So I stopped.

I'm going to stop typing.  It's that sort of day.  The blinding white snow hurts my eyes and possibly is hurting my brain as well.  The Will Trent book I am reading has not captured my attention as the previous books have.........it's going back and forth from present to 1970's.  When I lived there. Around Atlanta. Maynard Jackson.  Those Times.  When you never actually wanted to drive into Atlanta proper.  Ever.

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

The will trent audio book has not either. It is really focusing on the criminal right now, and another policeman and has hardly mention will trent. I will hold on in hopes it will get riveting soon LOL

I guess your Sunday paper did not capture trump's craziness at CPAC ...