Saturday, March 18, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday, March 18th- No Suns, Cold in the House. 43 degrees.


 Incident.  Don't know if that's the artist name or title of the work.  I would call it Boxed Universe.

My desk top calendar is almost full and it's only the 18th. I had quite a few large images to paste down this month.  And images of Chairs.  From magazines I got in the Free Magazine area @ the Library.  I cut them up for images.  It's more interesting visually if the monthly page has a "theme".

I have so many index cards to my left here on the desk.  I write stuff down on them and then secure the stack with a rubber band.  Months or weeks later I shuffle thru them and run the ones I will never read again thru the shredder.  I make a lot of shredded paper.  I used to shred the daily newspaper- Good DRY compost material.

The Compost Bins are my Enduring Passion from my Master Gardener Classes and my job at the Greenhouse.  It was my favorite class to teach.  My second favorite was Seed Starting. Third was Pruning.

The Greenhouse no longer has classes.  The Three Years (going on Four) of COVID taught the owners that the classes were NOT necessary to the business or it's profits......People came to the classes because they were LONELY and liked FREE coffee and cookies. They rarely bought anything. Sort of a Gardening AA Meeting. I was also pretty entertaining and made them laugh.

Sigh.  I had imagined teaching classes well into my 80's. Like Ed.  He was old and crazy and would walk up to me- in front of a class and just start "shooting the breeze" oblivious to the class sitting in rows behind him.  I wanted to be "Ed" in my 80's.... 

I tried very hard to eat enough food yesterday.  The fridge is pretty close to being EMPTY.  I am making another pot of Chicken Soup today.....husband said yes.  I have hardly anything made for myself.  Still some Baked Beans left- I could have that with Kraft Mac and Cheese. No Grilled Cheese.  I am OUT of Bread.  I do have all the Vegetables for Soup. This SHOULD be the month I eat soup. But...No.

I also have Yogurt, Bran Buds and Fresh Red Raspberries.  But that is COLD FOOD. Well, that's enough of whatever this Post is........March.  Not my Best Month.


1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

I ate pistachios and cookie dough for dinner last night LOL