Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Field Notes- Tuesday, July 26th. It rained yesterday late afternoon and overnight. Mosquitos.


 Brand New Day- Janet Skates.  I liked the black and pink circles. And the beige ones on pink. And the black dots to the right side.  Imagine making all of them with embroidery floss. (gak!!)

It rained a second time at 6 pm to jazz up the drive from work to home for so many people.  Like daughter- she said it came down so hard the wipers were useless.  She was just happy to make it home.....

I think it rained last night as well. My ankles got bitten, quite often- as I walked down to the street to get the paper out of the box.  Itching like crazy.  The browned up grass is looking a "bit" greener.  The fertilizer pellets that TruGreen dropped on it- might have activated......we'll see if it's greener in the next few days. Stranger things have happened. I should write a check to TruGreen.

I need to go inspect the garden.  See if there's another zucchini.  George, the seed planter, is not happy with the progress of the corn.  It looks fine to me.  Making tassels.  It isn't as tall as he wanted, I guess.

I finished up the McFarlane book- Don't You Forget About Me.  British Pub Life.  Made me cry at the end.

So...was well worth the pale ink on the pages. She has four previous books- I have them on my list. But not ordering them right away.  I have plenty here on the table and I have cloth to work on--perhaps. I also have the dumpster fire that is my sewing room- to clean up.  Find somewhere for the cloth. Bring down a storage tub from the Attic.  SOMETHING!!!!!!

I bought three tiny Blue Bunny Sundaes from the grocery.  For a treat since we don't go to Dairy Queen. I put back the fourth- a cherry sundae.  Not sure I would like it.  I was considering the mini Drumstick cones.  But it's only July.  Plenty of time to select other things. And I have cake.  And mosquito bites.  July.

No comments: