Saturday, July 23, 2022

Field Notes- Saturday, July 23rd. Hot already. Promised rain never arrived.


 My largest container out in front of the porch steps... the African Daisies died suddenly.  They were so lovely.  Just curled up one day and that was it.  I miss them........happy, at least, to have this photo.

The Back Deck Planter is mostly marigolds now.  Everything else in the container died.  There had been blue pansies.  The plants in the Workshop Planter were eaten by Deer in the first few days of being planted. It has taken a wire contraption over the top and lots of water and fertilizer to get the three very lovely coleus to to make a "come back"......but they have.  The Driveway Container - hasn't had it's Annual Hiccup as yet.  Another pot that "self seeded" has produced a very healthy crop of weeds I think.  I keep hoping they are Sunflowers.  From the Birdfeeder nearby.  We'll see.  Birdpoop Container.

I just arranged the sprinklers on the Peach Trees.  Since we began cleaning up fallen fruit under the trees- there have been fewer visits- by animals.  Knock Wood.

There are acorns.  Very small and misshapen.  In the past, the lawn out back was dangerous to walk on- (so many acorns)-but after two years of not a SINGLE acorn- there are some. Global Warming Acorns.

I got a handful -five- new (to me) books by Abby Jimenez.  I just read the "Friend Zone".  And it was very very good. I stayed up past bedtime to finish it.  I do need to do a load of Washing today.  I need underwear. That's my standard in the Summer.  Laundry because of a need for underwear. Or clean sheets.

I have eaten all the pastry I bought.  Now all I have left to eat are vegetables and fruit.  No source of protein.  Which isn't the best situation. I have to do better on Monday.  With the groceries.

No comments: