Thursday, July 14, 2022

Daily Notes- Thursday, July 14th. Damp outside so it must have rained over night- not much.


 Garden belongs to someone named Tracy  Was in my email feed this morning from a gardening site. When I began working on this yard and laying out beds- making "elegant" curved edges etc.  I had intended for there to be annuals.  But age and a lack of interest arrived- I gave up that idea and just planted perennials.

Perennials take care of themselves.  

I limit the annuals to containers- three and now four and I stopped having hanging baskets.  And each morning I walk around and give water which I keep on the front porch in old large reusable orange juice containers.  Some hold "blue" Miracle Grow water (mixed rather weak).  Some hold murky beige water- cause I am using up any old bottles of liquid fertilizer this Summer. The  rest of the bottles hold clean water for the birdbath and the containers when they don't get "fed"..  And an old toilet brush (very clean) that I use to scrub the birdbath each morning before dumping out the old water and adding fresh water.

In the classes I used to teach- I asked bird feeding people to always offer fresh water to the birds that were coming to their feeders.  Fresh CLEAN water......... and to NOT stop filling their bird feeder once they start. The birds depend on the feeders once they come and visit regularly.  

The people in India or other countries have started their calls early today- 9am.  I hang up before they can even get started. All I need to hear is the sound of their call center in the background and I hang up.  

The JOY of needing to have a land line as cell service here (in Maine) is not reliable.  And we might need to call 911 or report a power outage or a fire or need the police.  1 point 25 million people in Maine ( but often closer to one) spread over land mass that is larger that several nearby states put together.  Visit in the Summer- YES.  Live here? HARD NO.

Nothing more today- and it's early and I haven't had my breakfast.  Something the new telescope in Space found.  something shaped like a human heart that is sending out a sound- very much like a beating heart.

something to consider....


No comments: