Sunday, July 24, 2022

Field Notes- Sunday, July 24th. Not sure what today will be like. 90's possibly rain.


 These paintings....I keep wondering what it would be like to make the same (sort of) thing from cloth? I can see how I might appliqué and then do embroidery...... has gotten me thinking. Rough, uneven torn edges.

Yesterday...was it yesterday?  That I did two loads of wash or was it the day before?  I don't know. 

The days seem so long and boring that I can't separate them anymore.  It's always this way in July and August.  Each day so much like the one before and the one after...that it's difficult to figure out where one begins and another ends.  Rain.  I usually can remember if it rains.  It hasn't.

I am re-reading ( I am reminded I read parts of this book years ago)  Life's Too Short.  It's number three in the stack of books by author Abby Jimenez.  There's is always a connection to one the characters from the previous book.  The main guy here was just a quick date for the lead character in the Playlist book.  Just a few pages in from the end of that book.  ALS is the theme in this book- Life's Too Short..  So...from the get go...not going to live happily ever after.  I read this one before but skipped around.  I plan on reading the whole thing.  I always do...but sigh...sometimes the author drags the plot too much........

Not just this author.  Quite a few of them do.  I often wonder if they were pressed to add content with the editors thinking what they had written was 'not enough pages" or something.  Like adding water to a cup of coffee.  Yes, it fills the cup...but you won't want to drink it.

So....the living room is almost dark enough to start turning on lights @ 11am..  I will have to turn on a light to read my book.  Husband says it might rain.  Wow, I hope he's right.

The Sunday Portland Press has stories, today, about people (families) living in their vehicles.  Going to work.  Washing up in restrooms.  Dreaming of a day when they can take a shower or a have a bath.  Employed but unable to secure housing.  I read once that so many are just one illness or missed paycheck away from disaster.........there used to be housing on the Air Base next door.  Perhaps they should have kept it???  Use it now to house people.  Instead they built 300K houses...


3 comments:

Kim Carney said...

they don't even build 300k houses here.
Most places are 600K and above, no matter how small
It is unbelievable

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Here, an affordable apartment complex was just purchased - apartments will be renovated and residents have been given notice to leave. There are few options for them.

LindaSonia said...

I don't know how anyone starting out these days can even afford housing. In my neighborhood developers are snapping up any modest brick home for sale and turning them into 'monster 2 story houses' for over $400K ... people are buying them. go figure.