Saturday, July 30, 2022

Field Notes- Saturday, July 30th. Rain overnight (damp and cool) but heat is coming back. Sun..


 I just liked the flies all around his head.  I know he always looks dirty- but I wonder if he smells??

It was quiet when I went out to get the paper this morning and the street was empty- no cars and trucks..it felt strange.   Then I remembered- Saturday.  That's why it was quiet. Two days without hammering.

My daughter went to Goodwill and got an armload of linen clothing in my "size?"- colors I like etc etc. ONLY, when I tried them on- they were way way too large.........how could that be?  Only one item fits. A pair of Land's End (not a brand I buy or wear) linen pants that stop a few inches above the ankle.. Cherry Red.  Perfect.  Quite a few items in daily rotation are LLBean XL. Usually a bit snug.  But not........ 1X fits perfectly.

The FLAX clothing is way too large.  I wish Connie lived closer-- she does clothing and she could show me how to make the big clothes smaller.  I think, but I could be wrong- (because the tops are boxy)- I could remove the sleeves and then cut off a few inches of width from top to bottom and then reinsert the sleeves.  The length is easy enough to take care of.  It's the width..........

Or we could just return everything.  Except the cherry red pants............ the dark jacket with the fancy turned collar- is really really wonderful looking. Very Law and Order. But above my sewing level. Way.

Now I am wondering....what's happened????  I have been wearing the same clothing for years now. Some years it's a bit tight but this Summer everything fits perfectly- really comfortable. 

Could "Not Cooking" have been the answer all along?  Seems too simple.  The Avocado's are now just right. And I found a bottle of lime juice in the cupboard.   Perfect.

 Reverve Books arrived at the library.  Will go pick them up........but need to wait till library is OPEN.  Got up way way too EARLY!!!! Seven am.

2 comments:

Kim Carney said...

I never find anything good like Flax linen at our Goodwill. :(

Joanne S said...

It had all been on the racks for like 5 minutes when daughter walked into Goodwill. She gets a cosmic vibe that she needs to visit Goodwill and then...stuff is there. Funny...The Flax stuff was in with the men's shirts. she was looking for something there and saw the Flax stuff, grabbed it and then ran over to womens to get the rest. Any flat short sleeved shirt minus darts is considered Men's....could be what happens at your place.