Friday, July 29, 2022

Field Notes- Friday, July 29th. Rain overnight....tons of mosquitos. Sunshine and Humidity. Grass starting to look green.


 Not my backyard but what my "way" backyard looks like.  Woods. Weeds.  Mosquitos.  Deer.  Ticks.  Far Back. We haven't gone there since Riley died.  Will most likely never go back there. Our mingled ashes will go for one last walk. Someday.

"Don't go into the woods today..........."  I had a little red record of that song on my tiny little record player. No bears in our woods but the mosquitos and ticks would be abundant. Teddy Bear Picnic.

Still working on the house next door.  They still need to replace the roof shingles.  Can't wait. So much nail pounding on a new roof...

My ankles are itching from the many many mosquitos that chewed on my ankles as I went to get the paper and then picked up 7 or 8 peaches that had fallen off the trees.  Cleaning up seems to keep the animals away.  

I think the avocados I bought are just about ready to eat.  They were very hard when I bought them. I am very interested in Avocado Toast.

Watched Moneyball on BBC America.  Sound.  When I watch it on regular cable the sound is all muffled.  BBC had a great picture and great sound. Analytics.  The Baseball Boggieman.  The Red Socks tried to hire the Moneyball Guy but he said no...now they have a "guy" and he's running the team into the ground.

I was trying to get interested in a book- the Wedding Season.  British.  The Bridesmaid Parties.  GAG. There seems to be one in every British Rom Com.  In this one- eight??? weddings and 8 Bride Do's. Massive drinking and a male stripper. Gets old.  So terribly old.  Thing is...no one actually enjoys them.  On to the next book.......... Bet Me.  A golden oldie. Never let's me down.  And now I OWN a copy!!!! Bookstore Guy called yesterday and I ran right over to get it.  So great...

No comments: